Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate
COVNIGTON COUNTY — Authorities say about 25 families were evacuated in eastern Covington County today while crews worked on repairing a natural gas pipe leak.
Nikki Pressley, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, says an area within a mile of the leak was evacuated today for safety precautions. No injuries have been reported.
Emergency officials from Covington and Jones counties along with crews from with pipeline owner Transco-Williams were at the scene.
The site is located just off Mississippi Highway 588.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate”
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us