Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate
COVNIGTON COUNTY — Authorities say about 25 families were evacuated in eastern Covington County today while crews worked on repairing a natural gas pipe leak.
Nikki Pressley, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, says an area within a mile of the leak was evacuated today for safety precautions. No injuries have been reported.
Emergency officials from Covington and Jones counties along with crews from with pipeline owner Transco-Williams were at the scene.
The site is located just off Mississippi Highway 588.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion