Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate
COVNIGTON COUNTY — Authorities say about 25 families were evacuated in eastern Covington County today while crews worked on repairing a natural gas pipe leak.
Nikki Pressley, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, says an area within a mile of the leak was evacuated today for safety precautions. No injuries have been reported.
Emergency officials from Covington and Jones counties along with crews from with pipeline owner Transco-Williams were at the scene.
The site is located just off Mississippi Highway 588.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate”
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route
- Anderson to turn 22 the day he's sworn into Legislature
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Report: MSU fostering economic growth, partnerships
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Schools appealing audit; superintendent calls it 'witch hunt'
- Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges