Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate
COVNIGTON COUNTY — Authorities say about 25 families were evacuated in eastern Covington County today while crews worked on repairing a natural gas pipe leak.
Nikki Pressley, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, says an area within a mile of the leak was evacuated today for safety precautions. No injuries have been reported.
Emergency officials from Covington and Jones counties along with crews from with pipeline owner Transco-Williams were at the scene.
The site is located just off Mississippi Highway 588.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M