Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate
COVNIGTON COUNTY — Authorities say about 25 families were evacuated in eastern Covington County today while crews worked on repairing a natural gas pipe leak.
Nikki Pressley, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency, says an area within a mile of the leak was evacuated today for safety precautions. No injuries have been reported.
Emergency officials from Covington and Jones counties along with crews from with pipeline owner Transco-Williams were at the scene.
The site is located just off Mississippi Highway 588.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Natural gas leak forces families to evacuate”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur