Polymer manufacturer bringing plant, jobs
PHILADELPHIA — AlphaGen Materials, a manufacturer of polymer ceramic coatings, will locate a plant in Philadelphia.
The announcement was made Dec. 22.
The plant will be located in a 235,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by U.S. Motors. The plant represents a $10-million investment and will create 200 new jobs.
The Mississippi Development Authority helped city officials to fund public infrastructure improvements,
Vinton, Iowa-based AlphaGen Materials manufactures a ceramic-metallic composite material used to improve performance and extend the useful lives of products made from fiberglass-reinforced polymers, concrete, metals and bio-materials.
The Philadelphia plant will supply specific mixes of ceramic composite materials for use in the company’s products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Polymer manufacturer bringing plant, jobs”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November