Polymer manufacturer bringing plant, jobs
PHILADELPHIA — AlphaGen Materials, a manufacturer of polymer ceramic coatings, will locate a plant in Philadelphia.
The announcement was made Dec. 22.
The plant will be located in a 235,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by U.S. Motors. The plant represents a $10-million investment and will create 200 new jobs.
The Mississippi Development Authority helped city officials to fund public infrastructure improvements,
Vinton, Iowa-based AlphaGen Materials manufactures a ceramic-metallic composite material used to improve performance and extend the useful lives of products made from fiberglass-reinforced polymers, concrete, metals and bio-materials.
The Philadelphia plant will supply specific mixes of ceramic composite materials for use in the company’s products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Polymer manufacturer bringing plant, jobs”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'