Beverly Drive-in arsonist still on the loose
HATTIESBURG — The Hattiesburg Metro Crime Stoppers is now offering a cash reward for information leading to an arrest in connection to the fire that destroyed the Beverly Drive-In.
Diane James, Metro Crime Stoppers coordinator, tells the Hattiesburg American that aside from damaging a major historic site, the fire also posed considerable danger for the community and for firefighters.
The historic movie theater, which had been closed since 2005 because of Hurricane Katrina-related damage, caught on fire around 3 a.m. Oct. 30. By the time Hattiesburg firefighters controlled the blaze — more than an hour later — the theater had been destroyed with only the screen’s metal framework left standing.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Gulf oil and gas leases to go up for sale in March
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- Airport gets grant to support seasonal service from Sun Country
- State officials identify first flu case this season
- STAYING POSITIVE — Career attitude help Brynn Joachim to fight disease at 41