Carr heading new MDOT office
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 2,2011
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has promoted Charles Carr to be its next director of the Office of Intermodal Planning, which will encompass MDOT’s Freight, Aeronautics and Transit divisions. Carr has more than 25 years of experience in the transportation field, including planning, project development, performance evaluation, compliance reviews and technical assistance. Most recently as the director of the Public Transit Division, he was responsible for policy development, contract management and grants administration for all the public transit programs administered through MDOT.
Carr holds a masters degree from Jackson State University, and is a graduate of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ National Transportation Management Program as well as the National Transportation Leadership Institute. In addition, he is the president of the Community Transportation Association of America’s board of directors; member of AASHTO’s Standing Committee on Public Transportation; Jackson State University’s Technology Transfer Center Advisory Board; JSU’s Institute For Multimodal Transportation Advisory Committee; Mississippi Public Transportation Association Executive Board; and, past president of the National Transportation Consortium of States.
He has also been involved with numerous research projects through the Transportation Research Board’s Transit and Highway Cooperative Research Programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide