Carr heading new MDOT office
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 2,2011
The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has promoted Charles Carr to be its next director of the Office of Intermodal Planning, which will encompass MDOT’s Freight, Aeronautics and Transit divisions. Carr has more than 25 years of experience in the transportation field, including planning, project development, performance evaluation, compliance reviews and technical assistance. Most recently as the director of the Public Transit Division, he was responsible for policy development, contract management and grants administration for all the public transit programs administered through MDOT.
Carr holds a masters degree from Jackson State University, and is a graduate of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ National Transportation Management Program as well as the National Transportation Leadership Institute. In addition, he is the president of the Community Transportation Association of America’s board of directors; member of AASHTO’s Standing Committee on Public Transportation; Jackson State University’s Technology Transfer Center Advisory Board; JSU’s Institute For Multimodal Transportation Advisory Committee; Mississippi Public Transportation Association Executive Board; and, past president of the National Transportation Consortium of States.
He has also been involved with numerous research projects through the Transportation Research Board’s Transit and Highway Cooperative Research Programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas