Childers, Hiatt earn ag education award
Outgoing U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, (D-Miss.) and legislative aide Nissa Hiatt were honored recently with the Distinguished Service Award by the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) for their work supporting and promoting agricultural education on a national level.
Childers sponsored House Resolution #886, proclaiming Feb. 25, 2010, as National Teach Ag Day. Both he and Hiatt were instrumental in garnering legislative support for day. Childers also announced National Teach Ag Day on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Feb. 25.
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor given by NAAE. It is only awarded in instances when an individual has served the profession in a way that is far above and beyond the normal scope.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation