Childers, Hiatt earn ag education award
Outgoing U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, (D-Miss.) and legislative aide Nissa Hiatt were honored recently with the Distinguished Service Award by the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) for their work supporting and promoting agricultural education on a national level.
Childers sponsored House Resolution #886, proclaiming Feb. 25, 2010, as National Teach Ag Day. Both he and Hiatt were instrumental in garnering legislative support for day. Childers also announced National Teach Ag Day on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Feb. 25.
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor given by NAAE. It is only awarded in instances when an individual has served the profession in a way that is far above and beyond the normal scope.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access