Childers, Hiatt earn ag education award
Outgoing U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, (D-Miss.) and legislative aide Nissa Hiatt were honored recently with the Distinguished Service Award by the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) for their work supporting and promoting agricultural education on a national level.
Childers sponsored House Resolution #886, proclaiming Feb. 25, 2010, as National Teach Ag Day. Both he and Hiatt were instrumental in garnering legislative support for day. Childers also announced National Teach Ag Day on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Feb. 25.
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor given by NAAE. It is only awarded in instances when an individual has served the profession in a way that is far above and beyond the normal scope.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics