Childers, Hiatt earn ag education award
Outgoing U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, (D-Miss.) and legislative aide Nissa Hiatt were honored recently with the Distinguished Service Award by the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) for their work supporting and promoting agricultural education on a national level.
Childers sponsored House Resolution #886, proclaiming Feb. 25, 2010, as National Teach Ag Day. Both he and Hiatt were instrumental in garnering legislative support for day. Childers also announced National Teach Ag Day on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Feb. 25.
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor given by NAAE. It is only awarded in instances when an individual has served the profession in a way that is far above and beyond the normal scope.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Baker Donelson's David A. Rueff Jr. co-authors guide
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects