Childers, Hiatt earn ag education award
Outgoing U.S. Rep. Travis Childers, (D-Miss.) and legislative aide Nissa Hiatt were honored recently with the Distinguished Service Award by the National Association of Agricultural Educators (NAAE) for their work supporting and promoting agricultural education on a national level.
Childers sponsored House Resolution #886, proclaiming Feb. 25, 2010, as National Teach Ag Day. Both he and Hiatt were instrumental in garnering legislative support for day. Childers also announced National Teach Ag Day on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives Feb. 25.
The Distinguished Service Award is the highest honor given by NAAE. It is only awarded in instances when an individual has served the profession in a way that is far above and beyond the normal scope.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi