Greenlee, Erickson named presidents
Vernon Greenlee has joined Southern Bancorp as market president for Greenville, Leland and Ruleville. And Joey Erickson has been promoted to market president for seven Southern Bancorp branches in northwestern Mississippi.
Greenlee joins Southern from Bostick Brothers Inc. of Benoit where he served more than 15 years as president and was responsible for operations and management of a petroleum distributorship with five locations in the Mississippi and Arkansas Delta.
His 31 years of professional experience also includes serving as president of Greenville Republic Terminal Inc. in Benoit and dealing with agricultural lending as vice president of Farm Credit System in Greenville.
Greenlee earned a bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics from the Mississippi State University.
Erickson has been with Southern for almost three years and previously served as city president for Clarksdale. In his new position, Erickson will oversee Southern branches in Clarksdale, Drew, Friars Point, Lambert, Shelby, Sledge and Webb.
Erickson’s previous banking experience includes serving as a branch manager for Regions Bank in Clarksdale, as a retail lender for Union Planters Bank in Clarksdale and as a financial consultant/assistant vice president for BankPlus Financial Management in Ridgeland.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University, and is also a graduate of the Mississippi School of Banking.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- 50 Leading Business Women in Mississippi (digital magazine)
- Ex-circuit clerk Palmertree gets 10 years for embezzlement