Greenlee, Erickson named presidents
Vernon Greenlee has joined Southern Bancorp as market president for Greenville, Leland and Ruleville. And Joey Erickson has been promoted to market president for seven Southern Bancorp branches in northwestern Mississippi.
Greenlee joins Southern from Bostick Brothers Inc. of Benoit where he served more than 15 years as president and was responsible for operations and management of a petroleum distributorship with five locations in the Mississippi and Arkansas Delta.
His 31 years of professional experience also includes serving as president of Greenville Republic Terminal Inc. in Benoit and dealing with agricultural lending as vice president of Farm Credit System in Greenville.
Greenlee earned a bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics from the Mississippi State University.
Erickson has been with Southern for almost three years and previously served as city president for Clarksdale. In his new position, Erickson will oversee Southern branches in Clarksdale, Drew, Friars Point, Lambert, Shelby, Sledge and Webb.
Erickson’s previous banking experience includes serving as a branch manager for Regions Bank in Clarksdale, as a retail lender for Union Planters Bank in Clarksdale and as a financial consultant/assistant vice president for BankPlus Financial Management in Ridgeland.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University, and is also a graduate of the Mississippi School of Banking.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House