Greenlee, Erickson named presidents
Vernon Greenlee has joined Southern Bancorp as market president for Greenville, Leland and Ruleville. And Joey Erickson has been promoted to market president for seven Southern Bancorp branches in northwestern Mississippi.
Greenlee joins Southern from Bostick Brothers Inc. of Benoit where he served more than 15 years as president and was responsible for operations and management of a petroleum distributorship with five locations in the Mississippi and Arkansas Delta.
His 31 years of professional experience also includes serving as president of Greenville Republic Terminal Inc. in Benoit and dealing with agricultural lending as vice president of Farm Credit System in Greenville.
Greenlee earned a bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics from the Mississippi State University.
Erickson has been with Southern for almost three years and previously served as city president for Clarksdale. In his new position, Erickson will oversee Southern branches in Clarksdale, Drew, Friars Point, Lambert, Shelby, Sledge and Webb.
Erickson’s previous banking experience includes serving as a branch manager for Regions Bank in Clarksdale, as a retail lender for Union Planters Bank in Clarksdale and as a financial consultant/assistant vice president for BankPlus Financial Management in Ridgeland.
He earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University, and is also a graduate of the Mississippi School of Banking.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Education officials changing school rating system
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Historic COFO building demolished due to structural problems
- Capital City voters to elect new mayor in runoff
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- New shareholders named for Copeland, Cook, Taylor and Bush
- MSU's Gilbert named finalist for Austin Peay presidency
- Communities vie for TVA sustainability designation
- American HealthTech passes Medicare tests
- First Corolla earmarked for export rolls off of Toyota's line