King reappointed Chief Judge of Appeals
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 2,2011
Judge Leslie D. King of Greenville has been reappointed as Chief Judge of the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
Mississippi Supreme Court Chief Justice Bill Waller Jr. in an order signed Dec. 21 reappointed Chief Judge King to serve as administrative head of the Court of Appeals for a term that begins Jan. 1, 2011, and ends Dec. 31, 2014.
Chief Judge King is the longest serving judge of the 10-member Mississippi Court of Appeals, having served since the intermediate appellate court began operation in January 1995. He has served as Chief Judge since April 30, 2004.
Mississippi state appellate judges are elected by the people to eight-year terms. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court chooses one member of the Court of Appeals to act as Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals. The Chief Judge appointment is for four years.
Chief Judge King was elected to the Court of Appeals in 1994 and began hearing cases in Jan. 1995. He previously served for 15 years in the Mississippi House of Representatives where he was vice chair of the House Ways and Means Committee and vice chair of the Conservation and Water Resources Committee. He is a former Washington County Youth Court counselor, prosecutor and public defender and former Metcalfe Municipal Judge.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi