Lusco leaving KPMG for Regions
Regions Financial Corporation has named Matthew Lusco, 53, as senior executive vice president and chief risk officer. Lusco will join the company in early 2011 from KPMG.
At Regions he will lead the Risk Management Group, which is responsible for the company’s full spectrum of risk management, and he will serve as a member of the company’s Executive Council and Operating committee.
Prior to joining Regions, Lusco was managing partner in KPMG’s offices in Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn. Before joining KPMG, Lusco was with Arthur Andersen’s Birmingham, Ala., office from 1989 to 2002 and served as managing partner from 1996 to 2002. From 1986 to 1988, Lusco worked in the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s Office of the Chief Accountant in Washington, D.C. Prior to that he served as an audit manager in the New Orleans, La., and Jackson offices of Arthur Andersen beginning in 1979.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Mississippi and is a CPA in Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute