Lusco leaving KPMG for Regions
Regions Financial Corporation has named Matthew Lusco, 53, as senior executive vice president and chief risk officer. Lusco will join the company in early 2011 from KPMG.
At Regions he will lead the Risk Management Group, which is responsible for the company’s full spectrum of risk management, and he will serve as a member of the company’s Executive Council and Operating committee.
Prior to joining Regions, Lusco was managing partner in KPMG’s offices in Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn. Before joining KPMG, Lusco was with Arthur Andersen’s Birmingham, Ala., office from 1989 to 2002 and served as managing partner from 1996 to 2002. From 1986 to 1988, Lusco worked in the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s Office of the Chief Accountant in Washington, D.C. Prior to that he served as an audit manager in the New Orleans, La., and Jackson offices of Arthur Andersen beginning in 1979.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Mississippi and is a CPA in Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real