Lusco leaving KPMG for Regions
Regions Financial Corporation has named Matthew Lusco, 53, as senior executive vice president and chief risk officer. Lusco will join the company in early 2011 from KPMG.
At Regions he will lead the Risk Management Group, which is responsible for the company’s full spectrum of risk management, and he will serve as a member of the company’s Executive Council and Operating committee.
Prior to joining Regions, Lusco was managing partner in KPMG’s offices in Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn. Before joining KPMG, Lusco was with Arthur Andersen’s Birmingham, Ala., office from 1989 to 2002 and served as managing partner from 1996 to 2002. From 1986 to 1988, Lusco worked in the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s Office of the Chief Accountant in Washington, D.C. Prior to that he served as an audit manager in the New Orleans, La., and Jackson offices of Arthur Andersen beginning in 1979.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Mississippi and is a CPA in Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain