Lusco leaving KPMG for Regions
Regions Financial Corporation has named Matthew Lusco, 53, as senior executive vice president and chief risk officer. Lusco will join the company in early 2011 from KPMG.
At Regions he will lead the Risk Management Group, which is responsible for the company’s full spectrum of risk management, and he will serve as a member of the company’s Executive Council and Operating committee.
Prior to joining Regions, Lusco was managing partner in KPMG’s offices in Birmingham, Ala., and Memphis, Tenn. Before joining KPMG, Lusco was with Arthur Andersen’s Birmingham, Ala., office from 1989 to 2002 and served as managing partner from 1996 to 2002. From 1986 to 1988, Lusco worked in the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s Office of the Chief Accountant in Washington, D.C. Prior to that he served as an audit manager in the New Orleans, La., and Jackson offices of Arthur Andersen beginning in 1979.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Mississippi and is a CPA in Mississippi and Alabama.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor