Nunnelee fills more staff positions
Congressman-Elect Alan Nunnelee announced that he has hired Dr. Mabel Murphree as his district director and Meyer Seligman as his legislative director. Murphree has extensive educational, economic development, community development and telecommunication experience. In 2000, Murphree was appointed as the director of the Appalachian Regional Office for Mississippi. Murphree served in that capacity for four years.
In 2004, she served as senior vice president of The CREATE Foundation.
Murphree holds a Ph.D. from Mississippi State University in education with an emphasis in technology and a minor in curriculum and instruction. She also holds degrees from Mississippi University for Women and the University of Mississippi as well as post-graduate training from Harvard University.
Seligman is a native of Oxford. She received a degree in communication and information sciences from the University of Alabama and has spent the past five years working in several capacities for U.S. Rep. Rodney Alexander of Louisiana.
Meyer has extensive legislative experience with knowledge of both the federal appropriations process and healthcare policy. She served Alexander as his associate staff to the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, Social Security and Related Agencies. In addition to Alexander’s appropriations committee work, Meyer also served as military legislative assistant, working on both the National Defense Authorization Act and Department of Defense Appropriations, as well as foreign affairs and the Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations and related programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing