Nunnelee fills more staff positions
Congressman-Elect Alan Nunnelee announced that he has hired Dr. Mabel Murphree as his district director and Meyer Seligman as his legislative director. Murphree has extensive educational, economic development, community development and telecommunication experience. In 2000, Murphree was appointed as the director of the Appalachian Regional Office for Mississippi. Murphree served in that capacity for four years.
In 2004, she served as senior vice president of The CREATE Foundation.
Murphree holds a Ph.D. from Mississippi State University in education with an emphasis in technology and a minor in curriculum and instruction. She also holds degrees from Mississippi University for Women and the University of Mississippi as well as post-graduate training from Harvard University.
Seligman is a native of Oxford. She received a degree in communication and information sciences from the University of Alabama and has spent the past five years working in several capacities for U.S. Rep. Rodney Alexander of Louisiana.
Meyer has extensive legislative experience with knowledge of both the federal appropriations process and healthcare policy. She served Alexander as his associate staff to the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, Social Security and Related Agencies. In addition to Alexander’s appropriations committee work, Meyer also served as military legislative assistant, working on both the National Defense Authorization Act and Department of Defense Appropriations, as well as foreign affairs and the Appropriations Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations and related programs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager