TVA reports on economic development efforts
Published: January 3,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) reports its technical services, financial assistance and other incentives helped companies invest $4.3 billion in economic development projects and attract or retain 41,000 jobs across the region in fiscal year 2010.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said TVA economic development support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment since 2005.
In 2010, TVA’s economic development activities, which are part of TVA’s non-power mission under the TVA Act, helped recruit or expand more than 150 companies into the TVA service area.
TVA’s 2010 economic development efforts contributed $534.1 million in business investments and helped create 7,337 jobs in Mississippi, according to the utility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination