TVA reports on economic development efforts
Published: January 3,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) reports its technical services, financial assistance and other incentives helped companies invest $4.3 billion in economic development projects and attract or retain 41,000 jobs across the region in fiscal year 2010.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said TVA economic development support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment since 2005.
In 2010, TVA’s economic development activities, which are part of TVA’s non-power mission under the TVA Act, helped recruit or expand more than 150 companies into the TVA service area.
TVA’s 2010 economic development efforts contributed $534.1 million in business investments and helped create 7,337 jobs in Mississippi, according to the utility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015