TVA reports on economic development efforts
Published: January 3,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) reports its technical services, financial assistance and other incentives helped companies invest $4.3 billion in economic development projects and attract or retain 41,000 jobs across the region in fiscal year 2010.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said TVA economic development support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment since 2005.
In 2010, TVA’s economic development activities, which are part of TVA’s non-power mission under the TVA Act, helped recruit or expand more than 150 companies into the TVA service area.
TVA’s 2010 economic development efforts contributed $534.1 million in business investments and helped create 7,337 jobs in Mississippi, according to the utility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'