TVA reports on economic development efforts
Published: January 3,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) reports its technical services, financial assistance and other incentives helped companies invest $4.3 billion in economic development projects and attract or retain 41,000 jobs across the region in fiscal year 2010.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said TVA economic development support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment since 2005.
In 2010, TVA’s economic development activities, which are part of TVA’s non-power mission under the TVA Act, helped recruit or expand more than 150 companies into the TVA service area.
TVA’s 2010 economic development efforts contributed $534.1 million in business investments and helped create 7,337 jobs in Mississippi, according to the utility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics