TVA reports on economic development efforts
by Wally Northway
Published: January 3,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority’s (TVA’s) reports its technical services, financial assistance and other incentives helped companies invest $4.3 billion in economic development projects and attract or retain 41,000 jobs across the region in fiscal year 2010.
John Bradley, TVA senior vice president of Economic Development, said TVA economic development support has contributed to 264,500 new or retained jobs and $27 billion in business investment since 2005.
In 2010, TVA’s economic development activities, which are part of TVA’s non-power mission under the TVA Act, helped recruit or expand more than 150 companies into the TVA service area.
TVA’s 2010 economic development efforts contributed $534.1 million in business investments and helped create 7,337 jobs in Mississippi, according to the utility.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections