Construction set to begin on new hotel
NATCHEZ — Construction of a new hotel near downtown Natchez is expected to begin within 90 days.
A Mississippi-based investor group told The Natchez Democrat that they closed on the purchase of about three acres of land along the city’s Canal Street Dec. 29.
The Natchez Hotel Group Inc. plans to build a Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel.
The land purchased is a portion of a larger tract of land owned by former Natchez Mayor Larry L. “Butch” Brown.
Developers say the total investment for the 80-room hotel will be about $6 million. It will become the fourth new hotel constructed in Natchez since 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- The Blues and higher education — Delta State launches the International Delta Blues Project
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Singing River shutting doors on two Coast clinics
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62