Construction set to begin on new hotel
NATCHEZ — Construction of a new hotel near downtown Natchez is expected to begin within 90 days.
A Mississippi-based investor group told The Natchez Democrat that they closed on the purchase of about three acres of land along the city’s Canal Street Dec. 29.
The Natchez Hotel Group Inc. plans to build a Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel.
The land purchased is a portion of a larger tract of land owned by former Natchez Mayor Larry L. “Butch” Brown.
Developers say the total investment for the 80-room hotel will be about $6 million. It will become the fourth new hotel constructed in Natchez since 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access