Construction set to begin on new hotel
NATCHEZ — Construction of a new hotel near downtown Natchez is expected to begin within 90 days.
A Mississippi-based investor group told The Natchez Democrat that they closed on the purchase of about three acres of land along the city’s Canal Street Dec. 29.
The Natchez Hotel Group Inc. plans to build a Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel.
The land purchased is a portion of a larger tract of land owned by former Natchez Mayor Larry L. “Butch” Brown.
Developers say the total investment for the 80-room hotel will be about $6 million. It will become the fourth new hotel constructed in Natchez since 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters