Construction set to begin on new hotel
NATCHEZ — Construction of a new hotel near downtown Natchez is expected to begin within 90 days.
A Mississippi-based investor group told The Natchez Democrat that they closed on the purchase of about three acres of land along the city’s Canal Street Dec. 29.
The Natchez Hotel Group Inc. plans to build a Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel.
The land purchased is a portion of a larger tract of land owned by former Natchez Mayor Larry L. “Butch” Brown.
Developers say the total investment for the 80-room hotel will be about $6 million. It will become the fourth new hotel constructed in Natchez since 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K