Construction set to begin on new hotel
NATCHEZ — Construction of a new hotel near downtown Natchez is expected to begin within 90 days.
A Mississippi-based investor group told The Natchez Democrat that they closed on the purchase of about three acres of land along the city’s Canal Street Dec. 29.
The Natchez Hotel Group Inc. plans to build a Holiday Inn Express and Suites near the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel.
The land purchased is a portion of a larger tract of land owned by former Natchez Mayor Larry L. “Butch” Brown.
Developers say the total investment for the 80-room hotel will be about $6 million. It will become the fourth new hotel constructed in Natchez since 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training