Hewes announces lieutenant governor candidacy
GULFPORT — Republican Billy Hewes of Gulfport is making several appearances across Mississippi this week to launch his campaign for lieutenant governor.
He is the first candidate to announce for lieutenant governor.
Hewes has been in the state Senate since 1992. The 49-year-old is beginning his fourth year as president pro tempore, the second-highest officer in the 52-member chamber.
Candidates’ filing deadline is March 1. Party primaries are Aug. 2, and the general election is Nov. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast