Hewes announces lieutenant governor candidacy
GULFPORT — Republican Billy Hewes of Gulfport is making several appearances across Mississippi this week to launch his campaign for lieutenant governor.
He is the first candidate to announce for lieutenant governor.
Hewes has been in the state Senate since 1992. The 49-year-old is beginning his fourth year as president pro tempore, the second-highest officer in the 52-member chamber.
Candidates’ filing deadline is March 1. Party primaries are Aug. 2, and the general election is Nov. 8.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years