Merchants Foodservice continues to expand
Published: January 4,2011
HATTIESBURG — Out of the nation’s top food distributors, Merchants Foodservice was ranked number one in sales growth this past year, according to statistics compiled by Institutional Distribution (ID) magazine.
Hattiesburg-based Merchants Foodservice continues its growth trend with a 32, 000-square-foot expansion to its Jackson distribution center. The expansion consists of one million cubic feet of freezer space and 240,000 cubic feet of cooler space.
The expansion will expand the distribution center to 280,000 total square feet, becoming the largest Merchants Foodservice distribution center out of the four that it operates to cover its territory. Merchants also operates out of Clanton, Ala., Newberry, S.C., and Tifton, Ga.
“This expansion was fueled by the continued growth we have experienced in recent years, and the expanded facility will enable us to successfully meet the rapidly growing demand for our products and is a testament to the superior inventory management and distribution services our employees provide to our customers,” said Andy Mercier, president/CEO of Merchants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'