Merchants Foodservice continues to expand
Published: January 4,2011
HATTIESBURG — Out of the nation’s top food distributors, Merchants Foodservice was ranked number one in sales growth this past year, according to statistics compiled by Institutional Distribution (ID) magazine.
Hattiesburg-based Merchants Foodservice continues its growth trend with a 32, 000-square-foot expansion to its Jackson distribution center. The expansion consists of one million cubic feet of freezer space and 240,000 cubic feet of cooler space.
The expansion will expand the distribution center to 280,000 total square feet, becoming the largest Merchants Foodservice distribution center out of the four that it operates to cover its territory. Merchants also operates out of Clanton, Ala., Newberry, S.C., and Tifton, Ga.
“This expansion was fueled by the continued growth we have experienced in recent years, and the expanded facility will enable us to successfully meet the rapidly growing demand for our products and is a testament to the superior inventory management and distribution services our employees provide to our customers,” said Andy Mercier, president/CEO of Merchants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office