Merchants Foodservice continues to expand
Published: January 4,2011
HATTIESBURG — Out of the nation’s top food distributors, Merchants Foodservice was ranked number one in sales growth this past year, according to statistics compiled by Institutional Distribution (ID) magazine.
Hattiesburg-based Merchants Foodservice continues its growth trend with a 32, 000-square-foot expansion to its Jackson distribution center. The expansion consists of one million cubic feet of freezer space and 240,000 cubic feet of cooler space.
The expansion will expand the distribution center to 280,000 total square feet, becoming the largest Merchants Foodservice distribution center out of the four that it operates to cover its territory. Merchants also operates out of Clanton, Ala., Newberry, S.C., and Tifton, Ga.
“This expansion was fueled by the continued growth we have experienced in recent years, and the expanded facility will enable us to successfully meet the rapidly growing demand for our products and is a testament to the superior inventory management and distribution services our employees provide to our customers,” said Andy Mercier, president/CEO of Merchants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Judge: Caesars can demolish Harrah's casino in Mississippi