Merchants Foodservice continues to expand
Published: January 4,2011
HATTIESBURG — Out of the nation’s top food distributors, Merchants Foodservice was ranked number one in sales growth this past year, according to statistics compiled by Institutional Distribution (ID) magazine.
Hattiesburg-based Merchants Foodservice continues its growth trend with a 32, 000-square-foot expansion to its Jackson distribution center. The expansion consists of one million cubic feet of freezer space and 240,000 cubic feet of cooler space.
The expansion will expand the distribution center to 280,000 total square feet, becoming the largest Merchants Foodservice distribution center out of the four that it operates to cover its territory. Merchants also operates out of Clanton, Ala., Newberry, S.C., and Tifton, Ga.
“This expansion was fueled by the continued growth we have experienced in recent years, and the expanded facility will enable us to successfully meet the rapidly growing demand for our products and is a testament to the superior inventory management and distribution services our employees provide to our customers,” said Andy Mercier, president/CEO of Merchants.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force