Shrimpers given more time to harvest
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has extended the shrimping season for Mississippi territorial waters north of the Intracoastal Waterway through Jan. 14.
Those waters will close to shrimping at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 15, 2011.
If biological sampling indicates a movement of large numbers of juvenile shrimp into this area, the area may close sooner.
Mississippi territorial waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway will remain open through April 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet