Shrimpers given more time to harvest
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has extended the shrimping season for Mississippi territorial waters north of the Intracoastal Waterway through Jan. 14.
Those waters will close to shrimping at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 15, 2011.
If biological sampling indicates a movement of large numbers of juvenile shrimp into this area, the area may close sooner.
Mississippi territorial waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway will remain open through April 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste