Shrimpers given more time to harvest
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has extended the shrimping season for Mississippi territorial waters north of the Intracoastal Waterway through Jan. 14.
Those waters will close to shrimping at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 15, 2011.
If biological sampling indicates a movement of large numbers of juvenile shrimp into this area, the area may close sooner.
Mississippi territorial waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway will remain open through April 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics