Shrimpers given more time to harvest
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has extended the shrimping season for Mississippi territorial waters north of the Intracoastal Waterway through Jan. 14.
Those waters will close to shrimping at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 15, 2011.
If biological sampling indicates a movement of large numbers of juvenile shrimp into this area, the area may close sooner.
Mississippi territorial waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway will remain open through April 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015