Shrimpers given more time to harvest
GULF OF MEXICO — The Mississippi Department of Marine Resources (DMR) has extended the shrimping season for Mississippi territorial waters north of the Intracoastal Waterway through Jan. 14.
Those waters will close to shrimping at 12:01 a.m. Jan. 15, 2011.
If biological sampling indicates a movement of large numbers of juvenile shrimp into this area, the area may close sooner.
Mississippi territorial waters south of the Intracoastal Waterway will remain open through April 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university