AlphaGen finds site for ceramics materials plant
PHILADELPHIA — Officials from Lotus Holdings and AlphaGen Materials announced that AlphaGen is locating operations in Philadelphia in Central Mississippi.
A manufacturer of Cerarmix polymer ceramic coatings for industrial applications, infrastructure repair and clean energy applications, AlphaGen will be locating in the 235,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by U.S. Motors. The project represents an initial investment of $10 million by the company and will create 200 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Company founder Matt Merchant, said, “We are pleased to be opening this new plant and are confident that these new operations will strongly position AlphaGen and its partner companies, Priva and E-Mars, for future growth and job creation in the years ahead.
The MDA worked closely with city officials to fund public infrastructure improvements necessary to help AlphaGen locate in Philadelphia.
Headquartered in Vinton, Iowa, AlphaGen manufactures and sells Cerarmix, a ceramic-metallic composite material that is used to improve performance and extend the useful lives of products made from fiberglass-reinforced polymers, concrete, metals and bio-materials. The company’s Philadelphia plant will supply specific mixes of ceramic composite materials for use in the company’s products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “AlphaGen finds site for ceramics materials plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015