AlphaGen finds site for ceramics materials plant
PHILADELPHIA — Officials from Lotus Holdings and AlphaGen Materials announced that AlphaGen is locating operations in Philadelphia in Central Mississippi.
A manufacturer of Cerarmix polymer ceramic coatings for industrial applications, infrastructure repair and clean energy applications, AlphaGen will be locating in the 235,000-square-foot facility formerly occupied by U.S. Motors. The project represents an initial investment of $10 million by the company and will create 200 new jobs, according to the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA).
Company founder Matt Merchant, said, “We are pleased to be opening this new plant and are confident that these new operations will strongly position AlphaGen and its partner companies, Priva and E-Mars, for future growth and job creation in the years ahead.
The MDA worked closely with city officials to fund public infrastructure improvements necessary to help AlphaGen locate in Philadelphia.
Headquartered in Vinton, Iowa, AlphaGen manufactures and sells Cerarmix, a ceramic-metallic composite material that is used to improve performance and extend the useful lives of products made from fiberglass-reinforced polymers, concrete, metals and bio-materials. The company’s Philadelphia plant will supply specific mixes of ceramic composite materials for use in the company’s products.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
2 Responses to “AlphaGen finds site for ceramics materials plant”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015