Medicaid spending to come in under budget
JACKSON — It looks as if Medicaid spending is going to come in under the forecast, but Gov. Haley Barbour is still urging lawmakers to be cautious.
“(Yesterday) the Division of Medicaid advised me spending for Medicaid beneficiaries will actually be less than the amount budgeted last April. My conservative estimate is there will be $40-50 million less spent by Medicaid in FY11 than budgeted, and that number is subject to fluctuation based on a number of variables, particularly utilization rates.
“The surplus could be higher, but I strongly recommend the Legislature be cautious when estimating this number.
“Congratulations to our team at the Division of Medicaid for the strong management and excellent controls they are employing in operating this large, complicated program.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur