Medicaid spending to come in under budget
JACKSON — It looks as if Medicaid spending is going to come in under the forecast, but Gov. Haley Barbour is still urging lawmakers to be cautious.
“(Yesterday) the Division of Medicaid advised me spending for Medicaid beneficiaries will actually be less than the amount budgeted last April. My conservative estimate is there will be $40-50 million less spent by Medicaid in FY11 than budgeted, and that number is subject to fluctuation based on a number of variables, particularly utilization rates.
“The surplus could be higher, but I strongly recommend the Legislature be cautious when estimating this number.
“Congratulations to our team at the Division of Medicaid for the strong management and excellent controls they are employing in operating this large, complicated program.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios