Medicaid spending to come in under budget
JACKSON — It looks as if Medicaid spending is going to come in under the forecast, but Gov. Haley Barbour is still urging lawmakers to be cautious.
“(Yesterday) the Division of Medicaid advised me spending for Medicaid beneficiaries will actually be less than the amount budgeted last April. My conservative estimate is there will be $40-50 million less spent by Medicaid in FY11 than budgeted, and that number is subject to fluctuation based on a number of variables, particularly utilization rates.
“The surplus could be higher, but I strongly recommend the Legislature be cautious when estimating this number.
“Congratulations to our team at the Division of Medicaid for the strong management and excellent controls they are employing in operating this large, complicated program.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics