Medicaid spending to come in under budget
JACKSON — It looks as if Medicaid spending is going to come in under the forecast, but Gov. Haley Barbour is still urging lawmakers to be cautious.
“(Yesterday) the Division of Medicaid advised me spending for Medicaid beneficiaries will actually be less than the amount budgeted last April. My conservative estimate is there will be $40-50 million less spent by Medicaid in FY11 than budgeted, and that number is subject to fluctuation based on a number of variables, particularly utilization rates.
“The surplus could be higher, but I strongly recommend the Legislature be cautious when estimating this number.
“Congratulations to our team at the Division of Medicaid for the strong management and excellent controls they are employing in operating this large, complicated program.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years