Developers: Coast casino project moving forward
Published: January 6,2011
BILOXI — Developers hope to break ground March 1 for a casino project at the Clay Point area of East Biloxi.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Coast casino developer Tom Brosig, tells The Sun Herald that the working name of the casino is MVB.
The first plans submitted to the review committee show the resort would be built in phases, starting with a 21,000-square-foot casino, 14,700 square feet of restaurants and pub, and two small retail spaces totaling a little more than 2,000 square feet. An 18-slip marina also would be part of the first phase.
Cavanaugh said plans aren’t complete for further phases.
He said more details would be announced when the project goes to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, hopefully in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions