Developers: Coast casino project moving forward
by Associated Press
Published: January 6,2011
BILOXI — Developers hope to break ground March 1 for a casino project at the Clay Point area of East Biloxi.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Coast casino developer Tom Brosig, tells The Sun Herald that the working name of the casino is MVB.
The first plans submitted to the review committee show the resort would be built in phases, starting with a 21,000-square-foot casino, 14,700 square feet of restaurants and pub, and two small retail spaces totaling a little more than 2,000 square feet. An 18-slip marina also would be part of the first phase.
Cavanaugh said plans aren’t complete for further phases.
He said more details would be announced when the project goes to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, hopefully in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip