Developers: Coast casino project moving forward
Published: January 6,2011
BILOXI — Developers hope to break ground March 1 for a casino project at the Clay Point area of East Biloxi.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Coast casino developer Tom Brosig, tells The Sun Herald that the working name of the casino is MVB.
The first plans submitted to the review committee show the resort would be built in phases, starting with a 21,000-square-foot casino, 14,700 square feet of restaurants and pub, and two small retail spaces totaling a little more than 2,000 square feet. An 18-slip marina also would be part of the first phase.
Cavanaugh said plans aren’t complete for further phases.
He said more details would be announced when the project goes to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, hopefully in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option