Developers: Coast casino project moving forward
Published: January 6,2011
BILOXI — Developers hope to break ground March 1 for a casino project at the Clay Point area of East Biloxi.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Coast casino developer Tom Brosig, tells The Sun Herald that the working name of the casino is MVB.
The first plans submitted to the review committee show the resort would be built in phases, starting with a 21,000-square-foot casino, 14,700 square feet of restaurants and pub, and two small retail spaces totaling a little more than 2,000 square feet. An 18-slip marina also would be part of the first phase.
Cavanaugh said plans aren’t complete for further phases.
He said more details would be announced when the project goes to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, hopefully in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House