Developers: Coast casino project moving forward
Published: January 6,2011
BILOXI — Developers hope to break ground March 1 for a casino project at the Clay Point area of East Biloxi.
Michael Cavanaugh, attorney for Coast casino developer Tom Brosig, tells The Sun Herald that the working name of the casino is MVB.
The first plans submitted to the review committee show the resort would be built in phases, starting with a 21,000-square-foot casino, 14,700 square feet of restaurants and pub, and two small retail spaces totaling a little more than 2,000 square feet. An 18-slip marina also would be part of the first phase.
Cavanaugh said plans aren’t complete for further phases.
He said more details would be announced when the project goes to the Mississippi Gaming Commission, hopefully in February.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center