Town waits to hear from IRS about unpaid taxes
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe is still awaiting word from the Internal Revenue Service about a $468,042 tax liability from a decade of unpaid taxes.
Town attorney Bennie L. Richard told the Delta Democrat Times that the taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Richard says the town is responsible for over $236,000 in unpaid taxes from 1999 to 2009. The penalties are $119,303 with the interest accrued on the unpaid taxes and penalties at $111,951.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama