Town waits to hear from IRS about unpaid taxes
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe is still awaiting word from the Internal Revenue Service about a $468,042 tax liability from a decade of unpaid taxes.
Town attorney Bennie L. Richard told the Delta Democrat Times that the taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Richard says the town is responsible for over $236,000 in unpaid taxes from 1999 to 2009. The penalties are $119,303 with the interest accrued on the unpaid taxes and penalties at $111,951.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus