Town waits to hear from IRS about unpaid taxes
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe is still awaiting word from the Internal Revenue Service about a $468,042 tax liability from a decade of unpaid taxes.
Town attorney Bennie L. Richard told the Delta Democrat Times that the taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Richard says the town is responsible for over $236,000 in unpaid taxes from 1999 to 2009. The penalties are $119,303 with the interest accrued on the unpaid taxes and penalties at $111,951.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate