Town waits to hear from IRS about unpaid taxes
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe is still awaiting word from the Internal Revenue Service about a $468,042 tax liability from a decade of unpaid taxes.
Town attorney Bennie L. Richard told the Delta Democrat Times that the taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Richard says the town is responsible for over $236,000 in unpaid taxes from 1999 to 2009. The penalties are $119,303 with the interest accrued on the unpaid taxes and penalties at $111,951.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones