Town waits to hear from IRS about unpaid taxes
METCALFE — The Town of Metcalfe is still awaiting word from the Internal Revenue Service about a $468,042 tax liability from a decade of unpaid taxes.
Town attorney Bennie L. Richard told the Delta Democrat Times that the taxes are from the withholdings of municipal employees.
Richard says the town is responsible for over $236,000 in unpaid taxes from 1999 to 2009. The penalties are $119,303 with the interest accrued on the unpaid taxes and penalties at $111,951.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015