Metro Mechanical lands state construction project
by Wally Northway
Published: January 8,2011
BOLTON — Metro Mechanical Inc. of Bolton is currently working on major renovations at the Mississippi Center for Education and Research in Jackson. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The Center is the headquarters of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, renovations are being made to the central plant with Metro serving as the prime contractor. The upgrades are part of a long-term initiative to reduce energy consumption by government facilities.
Metro’s work includes installation of three high-efficiency, 4-million BTU boilers, pumps, mechanical piping, controls and electrical.
The project is scheduled for completion in early 2011.
Atherton Consulting Engineers of Jackson served as the design professional on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- USM staffers Olivia Hurst and Catherine Lott recognized by Public Relations Association of Mississippi