Metro Mechanical lands state construction project
by Wally Northway
Published: January 8,2011
BOLTON — Metro Mechanical Inc. of Bolton is currently working on major renovations at the Mississippi Center for Education and Research in Jackson. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The Center is the headquarters of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, renovations are being made to the central plant with Metro serving as the prime contractor. The upgrades are part of a long-term initiative to reduce energy consumption by government facilities.
Metro’s work includes installation of three high-efficiency, 4-million BTU boilers, pumps, mechanical piping, controls and electrical.
The project is scheduled for completion in early 2011.
Atherton Consulting Engineers of Jackson served as the design professional on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- Forward-thinking power companies transform “disruptions” into opportunities