Metro Mechanical lands state construction project
Published: January 8,2011
BOLTON — Metro Mechanical Inc. of Bolton is currently working on major renovations at the Mississippi Center for Education and Research in Jackson. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The Center is the headquarters of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, renovations are being made to the central plant with Metro serving as the prime contractor. The upgrades are part of a long-term initiative to reduce energy consumption by government facilities.
Metro’s work includes installation of three high-efficiency, 4-million BTU boilers, pumps, mechanical piping, controls and electrical.
The project is scheduled for completion in early 2011.
Atherton Consulting Engineers of Jackson served as the design professional on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur