Metro Mechanical lands state construction project
by Wally Northway
Published: January 8,2011
BOLTON — Metro Mechanical Inc. of Bolton is currently working on major renovations at the Mississippi Center for Education and Research in Jackson. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The Center is the headquarters of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, renovations are being made to the central plant with Metro serving as the prime contractor. The upgrades are part of a long-term initiative to reduce energy consumption by government facilities.
Metro’s work includes installation of three high-efficiency, 4-million BTU boilers, pumps, mechanical piping, controls and electrical.
The project is scheduled for completion in early 2011.
Atherton Consulting Engineers of Jackson served as the design professional on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term