Metro Mechanical lands state construction project
Published: January 8,2011
BOLTON — Metro Mechanical Inc. of Bolton is currently working on major renovations at the Mississippi Center for Education and Research in Jackson. The cost of the project was not disclosed.
The Center is the headquarters of the State Institutions of Higher Learning.
Funded under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, renovations are being made to the central plant with Metro serving as the prime contractor. The upgrades are part of a long-term initiative to reduce energy consumption by government facilities.
Metro’s work includes installation of three high-efficiency, 4-million BTU boilers, pumps, mechanical piping, controls and electrical.
The project is scheduled for completion in early 2011.
Atherton Consulting Engineers of Jackson served as the design professional on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19