Ables retires from ERDC
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Tim Ables, associate director of the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) headquartered in Vicksburg, recently retired after more than 38 years of service to ERDC, the Corps and the Army. His career was celebrated in a Dec. 21 ceremony attended by family, friends and colleagues.
Ables began his ERDC career in 1972, as a technical editor in the Publications and Graphic Arts Division, where he served for 11 years. He spent four years as a technical information specialist in what was then known as the Structures Laboratory before making the move to the Information Technology Laboratory, where he spent the following 14 years.
He joined the ERDC Executive Office in 2002 as associate director, the position he held upon his retirement.
Ables has a bachelor’s from Rhodes College and has completed graduate work at Mississippi State University. Past awards and honors include the Bronze Order of the de Fleury Medal, the Meritorious Civilian Service Award, the Superior Civilian Service Award, the Commander’s Award for Civilian Service and the Certificate of Appreciation for Patriotic Civilian Service.
In addition to his official retirement documents and a flag that was flown over ERDC, Ables was presented with a second Meritorious Civilian Service Award at his retirement ceremony. He was also presented with gifts from numerous organizations and friends throughout the ERDC.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million