Chamber nominates board candidates
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
In accordance with the Greater Jackson Chamber Partnership by-laws, chairman Clay Hays appointed a nominating committee chaired by Walter Weems. This committee reported their actions to president Duane O’Neill, who in turn is authorized to notify the entire membership of the nominating committee’s report.
Candidates to serve a three-year term expiring Dec. 2013 are: John Arledge, Community Bancshares Inc.; Deidra Bell, St. Dominic Health Services; Gene Delcomyn, BankPlus; Mayo Flynt, AT&T Mississippi; David Gates, Atmos Energy; Barbara Gray, North Street Family Medical Clinic; Mark Herbert, Watkins Ludlam Winter & Stennis, PLLC; Doug Hederman, Hederman Brothers Printing; Jerry Host, Trustmark; Paul Moak, Paul Moak Automotive; Davis Richards, Health Management Associates; Phillip Shirley, GodwinGroup; and, Larry Whitaker, The Clarion Ledger.
Dan Bednarzyk, Nissan North America, was elected to serve a two-year term expiring Dec. 2012.
Elected board members with terms not expiring this year are: David Barrentine, BancorpSouth; Deidra Bell, St. Dominic Health Services; Jill Beneke, Pileum Corporation; Carolyn Boteler, TempStaff Inc.; Phillip Bowman, Specialty Metals Supply Inc.; Tommy Butler, HORNE LLP; John Calhoun, IMS Engineers; Allison Crews, Grogan & Crews Insurance & Employee Benefits; Socrates Garrett, Garrett Enterprises; State Sen. John Horhn; Jim Ingram, Parkway Properties Inc.; David Landrum, Landrum & Associates; Richard McNeel, JBHM; Kurt Metzner, Baptist Health Systems; John Mullins, Entergy Mississippi; David Powe, University Medical Center; Knox Ross, Mayor, City of Pelahatchie; Jim Sheble, Nucor Steel; Ronnie Smith, Regions Bank; Sylvia Stewart, People’s Insurance Company; Andy Taggart, Andy Taggart Legal & Strategic Council, PLLC; Dirk Vanderleest, Jackson International Airport Authority; Alan Walters, First Commercial Bank; David Watkins, Watkins & Young; and, Hal Williams, Trustmark Rankin County.
Candidates appointed to serve a one-year term expiring, Dec. 2011 are: Lonnie Edwards, Jackson Public Schools; Carolyn Harrison, Capitol Staffing Inc.; Susan Lindsay, Jackson Prep; Dr. Carolyn Meyers, Jackson State University; Hu Meena, Cellular South; Ira Murray, YP Alliance Chairman; John Proctor, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi; Ravi Raju, Leadership Jackson; Alice Skelton, Leadership Jackson; DI Smith, Madison County Board of Supervisors; George Smith, Hinds County Board of Supervisors; Greg Wilcox, Rankin County Board of Supervisors; O’Neill; Moak; Clay (chairman); and, Hays.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino