Harvey named CEO/president of DRM
Delta Regional Medical Center’s Board of Trustees has named J. Stansel Harvey to serve as CEO and president. Harvey, with a master of health services administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, is coming to DRMC with over 28 years of hospital leadership experience including nine years as president of a 229-bed hospital in Fort Worth, Texas.
Currently, Harvey serves as a healthcare consultant in Granbury, Texas. Harvey, originally from Ruleville, will assume his responsibilities Jan. 3.
Harvey succeeds Mazie Whalen, who was named interim CEO and president in April 2010 after the previous CEO and president resigned. Whalen will resume her position as senior vice president of nursing services at DRMC Jan. 3.
Harvey and his wife, Lisa, MSN, RN, NP-C, have one adult son, Ben who lives in Arkansas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015