Harvey named CEO/president of DRM
Delta Regional Medical Center’s Board of Trustees has named J. Stansel Harvey to serve as CEO and president. Harvey, with a master of health services administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, is coming to DRMC with over 28 years of hospital leadership experience including nine years as president of a 229-bed hospital in Fort Worth, Texas.
Currently, Harvey serves as a healthcare consultant in Granbury, Texas. Harvey, originally from Ruleville, will assume his responsibilities Jan. 3.
Harvey succeeds Mazie Whalen, who was named interim CEO and president in April 2010 after the previous CEO and president resigned. Whalen will resume her position as senior vice president of nursing services at DRMC Jan. 3.
Harvey and his wife, Lisa, MSN, RN, NP-C, have one adult son, Ben who lives in Arkansas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win