Harvey named CEO/president of DRM
Delta Regional Medical Center’s Board of Trustees has named J. Stansel Harvey to serve as CEO and president. Harvey, with a master of health services administration from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, is coming to DRMC with over 28 years of hospital leadership experience including nine years as president of a 229-bed hospital in Fort Worth, Texas.
Currently, Harvey serves as a healthcare consultant in Granbury, Texas. Harvey, originally from Ruleville, will assume his responsibilities Jan. 3.
Harvey succeeds Mazie Whalen, who was named interim CEO and president in April 2010 after the previous CEO and president resigned. Whalen will resume her position as senior vice president of nursing services at DRMC Jan. 3.
Harvey and his wife, Lisa, MSN, RN, NP-C, have one adult son, Ben who lives in Arkansas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete