Judges honored upon their retirement
A retirement reception honoring Circuit Judge Samac Richardson and Madison County Court Judge William Agin was recently held at the Madison County Courthouse at 128 West North Street in Canton.
Judge Richardson and Judge Agin did not seek re-election.
Judge Richardson, of Brandon, has served for 13 years as Circuit Judge of the 20th Judicial District of Rankin and Madison counties. He previously served for five years as Rankin County Court Judge, six years as assistant district attorney, five years as public defender, five years as Rankin County School Board hearing officer and three years as Pearl city attorney. He served as chair of both the Conference of Circuit Judges and the Conference of County Court Judges. He is a former member of the Bar Complaint Tribunal and the Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules, and has been a member of the Mississippi Bar for 32 years.
Judge Agin has served for 28 years as Madison County Court and Youth Court Judge. As County Court judge, he also presided over eminent domain cases. He created the Madison County Juvenile Drug Court in 2004. On Dec. 16, 2010, he presided over a ceremony recognizing the ninth group to graduate from the Drug Court program. Judge Agin previously served as chairman of both the Conference of County Court Judges and the Council of Youth Court Judges. He served on the Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Rules. He also served on the Media and the Courts Study Committee, which laid the ground work for the adoption of rules that allow camera coverage in Mississippi trial and appellate courts.
The Laurel native has been a member of the Mississippi Bar for 35 years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager