Lucas accepts service award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Aubrey K. Lucas, president emeritus and professor of higher education at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently received a meritorious service award from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) during its annual conference held in Louisville, Ky.
Lucas has participated in 13 visits for the Commission. In addition, he has served as a member of the Commission on Colleges, vice chair of the Commission and as a member of the Executive Council and of the Committee on Criteria and Reports.
Lucas earned both his undergraduate degree and master’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and his doctorate in Higher Education from Florida State University. Prior to being named president, Lucas served the University of Southern Mississippi as registrar, dean and professor. He also served as president of Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch