Lucas accepts service award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Aubrey K. Lucas, president emeritus and professor of higher education at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently received a meritorious service award from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) during its annual conference held in Louisville, Ky.
Lucas has participated in 13 visits for the Commission. In addition, he has served as a member of the Commission on Colleges, vice chair of the Commission and as a member of the Executive Council and of the Committee on Criteria and Reports.
Lucas earned both his undergraduate degree and master’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and his doctorate in Higher Education from Florida State University. Prior to being named president, Lucas served the University of Southern Mississippi as registrar, dean and professor. He also served as president of Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports