Lucas accepts service award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Aubrey K. Lucas, president emeritus and professor of higher education at the University of Southern Mississippi, recently received a meritorious service award from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) during its annual conference held in Louisville, Ky.
Lucas has participated in 13 visits for the Commission. In addition, he has served as a member of the Commission on Colleges, vice chair of the Commission and as a member of the Executive Council and of the Committee on Criteria and Reports.
Lucas earned both his undergraduate degree and master’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and his doctorate in Higher Education from Florida State University. Prior to being named president, Lucas served the University of Southern Mississippi as registrar, dean and professor. He also served as president of Delta State University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals