Sanders wins President’s Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert recently presented Nan Long Sanders with the President’s Award for the Bologna Performing Arts Center (BPAC). The award is given annually to an individual or group of people who have contributed significantly to the BPAC.
A Delta State graduate with a B.A. in English and a minor in French, Sanders continues to support the university through her service as a member of the Delta State Foundation’s board of directors. She is an accomplished artist and many of her paintings are given to local charities to support fundraisers.
On the state level, she serves on the board for the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters and was recently appointed to the board of the Mississippi Arts Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015