Sanders wins President’s Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert recently presented Nan Long Sanders with the President’s Award for the Bologna Performing Arts Center (BPAC). The award is given annually to an individual or group of people who have contributed significantly to the BPAC.
A Delta State graduate with a B.A. in English and a minor in French, Sanders continues to support the university through her service as a member of the Delta State Foundation’s board of directors. She is an accomplished artist and many of her paintings are given to local charities to support fundraisers.
On the state level, she serves on the board for the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters and was recently appointed to the board of the Mississippi Arts Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Senators push for protecting steel producers from imported rebar
- FEMA awards grant to defray costs of moving tornado-damaged hospital