Sanders wins President’s Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert recently presented Nan Long Sanders with the President’s Award for the Bologna Performing Arts Center (BPAC). The award is given annually to an individual or group of people who have contributed significantly to the BPAC.
A Delta State graduate with a B.A. in English and a minor in French, Sanders continues to support the university through her service as a member of the Delta State Foundation’s board of directors. She is an accomplished artist and many of her paintings are given to local charities to support fundraisers.
On the state level, she serves on the board for the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters and was recently appointed to the board of the Mississippi Arts Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen