Sanders wins President’s Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert recently presented Nan Long Sanders with the President’s Award for the Bologna Performing Arts Center (BPAC). The award is given annually to an individual or group of people who have contributed significantly to the BPAC.
A Delta State graduate with a B.A. in English and a minor in French, Sanders continues to support the university through her service as a member of the Delta State Foundation’s board of directors. She is an accomplished artist and many of her paintings are given to local charities to support fundraisers.
On the state level, she serves on the board for the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters and was recently appointed to the board of the Mississippi Arts Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau