Sanders wins President’s Award
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Delta State University president Dr. John M. Hilpert recently presented Nan Long Sanders with the President’s Award for the Bologna Performing Arts Center (BPAC). The award is given annually to an individual or group of people who have contributed significantly to the BPAC.
A Delta State graduate with a B.A. in English and a minor in French, Sanders continues to support the university through her service as a member of the Delta State Foundation’s board of directors. She is an accomplished artist and many of her paintings are given to local charities to support fundraisers.
On the state level, she serves on the board for the Mississippi Institute of Arts and Letters and was recently appointed to the board of the Mississippi Arts Commission.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- News The Way You Want It!