Vinson retires from UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Barbara Vinson has retired director of admissions at the University of Mississippi School of Law, a position she held for 25 years. Vinson was hired as an admissions secretary at the law school in 1987, and was promoted to coordinator of admissions in 1992 and six years later became the director of admissions.
Her retirement was effective at the end of December.
Dwaine and Barbara Vinson, who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary in December, have two sons and two grandsons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Madison's Christmas on Ice will not take place this year
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system