Vinson retires from UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Barbara Vinson has retired director of admissions at the University of Mississippi School of Law, a position she held for 25 years. Vinson was hired as an admissions secretary at the law school in 1987, and was promoted to coordinator of admissions in 1992 and six years later became the director of admissions.
Her retirement was effective at the end of December.
Dwaine and Barbara Vinson, who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary in December, have two sons and two grandsons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Study says Nissan subsidies total $1.33B; MDA says overestimated
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Renee Flynt made Craftsmen's Guild president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Defunct casino to be moved; cost could rise depending on 'crud'
- Nullification and interposition
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections