Vinson retires from UM
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 9,2011
Barbara Vinson has retired director of admissions at the University of Mississippi School of Law, a position she held for 25 years. Vinson was hired as an admissions secretary at the law school in 1987, and was promoted to coordinator of admissions in 1992 and six years later became the director of admissions.
Her retirement was effective at the end of December.
Dwaine and Barbara Vinson, who celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary in December, have two sons and two grandsons.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- BILL CRAWFORD: Keep schools free from preventable diseases
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season