Deadline nearing for SBA-backed oil spill loans
Published: January 10,2011
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The Small Business Administration is reminding Mississippi businesses that the deadline for applying for SBA-backed oil spill recovery loans is Feb. 14.
Frank Skaggs, director of SBA’s Field Operations Center East in Atlanta, said, “Currently, we have approved loans totaling $36.468 million for businesses throughout the Gulf Coast region that were affected by the oil spill.”
Through its Office of Disaster Assistance, the SBA provides working capital loans up to $2 million, with terms up to 30 years. The loans provide essential working capital to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred. Interest rates are 4 percent for small businesses and 3 percent for private non-profit organizations.
The loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private non-profit organizations in the following counties: Forrest, George, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson, Lamar, Marion, Pearl River, Perry and Stone.
The SBA also encourages businesses to file claims with BP through the Gulf Coast Claims Facility. Borrowers may be required to use claim payments to help repay these disaster loans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Deadline nearing for SBA-backed oil spill loans”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- State’s MAGIC accounting system works, albeit with glitches
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium