Eurocopter wins contract to build more Army helicopters
COLUMBUS — American Eurocopter Corp. has a won contract to build 12 more UH-72A light utility Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army.
Work will be done at the Columbus plant.
Officials told The Commercial Dispatch that the order is the second phase of a $169-million contract for 32 Lakotas. Eurocopter anticipates an additional order of up to 12 helicopters this year.
To date, 146 UH-72A helicopters have been delivered to the Army and five to the Navy.
AEC is a division of EADS North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Payday lender expects clean bill from regulators