Eurocopter wins contract to build more Army helicopters
COLUMBUS — American Eurocopter Corp. has a won contract to build 12 more UH-72A light utility Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army.
Work will be done at the Columbus plant.
Officials told The Commercial Dispatch that the order is the second phase of a $169-million contract for 32 Lakotas. Eurocopter anticipates an additional order of up to 12 helicopters this year.
To date, 146 UH-72A helicopters have been delivered to the Army and five to the Navy.
AEC is a division of EADS North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal