Eurocopter wins contract to build more Army helicopters
COLUMBUS — American Eurocopter Corp. has a won contract to build 12 more UH-72A light utility Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army.
Work will be done at the Columbus plant.
Officials told The Commercial Dispatch that the order is the second phase of a $169-million contract for 32 Lakotas. Eurocopter anticipates an additional order of up to 12 helicopters this year.
To date, 146 UH-72A helicopters have been delivered to the Army and five to the Navy.
AEC is a division of EADS North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87