Eurocopter wins contract to build more Army helicopters
COLUMBUS — American Eurocopter Corp. has a won contract to build 12 more UH-72A light utility Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army.
Work will be done at the Columbus plant.
Officials told The Commercial Dispatch that the order is the second phase of a $169-million contract for 32 Lakotas. Eurocopter anticipates an additional order of up to 12 helicopters this year.
To date, 146 UH-72A helicopters have been delivered to the Army and five to the Navy.
AEC is a division of EADS North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren