Eurocopter wins contract to build more Army helicopters
COLUMBUS — American Eurocopter Corp. has a won contract to build 12 more UH-72A light utility Lakota helicopters for the U.S. Army.
Work will be done at the Columbus plant.
Officials told The Commercial Dispatch that the order is the second phase of a $169-million contract for 32 Lakotas. Eurocopter anticipates an additional order of up to 12 helicopters this year.
To date, 146 UH-72A helicopters have been delivered to the Army and five to the Navy.
AEC is a division of EADS North America.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange