Pickering to seek another term as state auditor
JACKSON — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has officially qualified to run for re-election as state auditor. Pickering made the announcement during a press conference held today at Mississippi Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
Pickering was elected as Mississippi’s 41st state auditor in 2007.
A seventh generation Mississippian, Pickering currently serves on the Domestic Working Group for the Office of the Comptroller General of the United States. He also serves on the Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs and Performance Audit Committees for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers and is a member of the National State Auditors Association.
Pickering also oversees the accountability and transparency of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds spent in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Pickering to seek another term as state auditor”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino