Pickering to seek another term as state auditor
JACKSON — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has officially qualified to run for re-election as state auditor. Pickering made the announcement during a press conference held today at Mississippi Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
Pickering was elected as Mississippi’s 41st state auditor in 2007.
A seventh generation Mississippian, Pickering currently serves on the Domestic Working Group for the Office of the Comptroller General of the United States. He also serves on the Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs and Performance Audit Committees for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers and is a member of the National State Auditors Association.
Pickering also oversees the accountability and transparency of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds spent in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Pickering to seek another term as state auditor”
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot