Pickering to seek another term as state auditor
JACKSON — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has officially qualified to run for re-election as state auditor. Pickering made the announcement during a press conference held today at Mississippi Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
Pickering was elected as Mississippi’s 41st state auditor in 2007.
A seventh generation Mississippian, Pickering currently serves on the Domestic Working Group for the Office of the Comptroller General of the United States. He also serves on the Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs and Performance Audit Committees for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers and is a member of the National State Auditors Association.
Pickering also oversees the accountability and transparency of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds spent in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Pickering to seek another term as state auditor”
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'