Pickering to seek another term as state auditor
JACKSON — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has officially qualified to run for re-election as state auditor. Pickering made the announcement during a press conference held today at Mississippi Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
Pickering was elected as Mississippi’s 41st state auditor in 2007.
A seventh generation Mississippian, Pickering currently serves on the Domestic Working Group for the Office of the Comptroller General of the United States. He also serves on the Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs and Performance Audit Committees for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers and is a member of the National State Auditors Association.
Pickering also oversees the accountability and transparency of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds spent in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Pickering to seek another term as state auditor”
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge