Pickering to seek another term as state auditor
JACKSON — State Auditor Stacey Pickering has officially qualified to run for re-election as state auditor. Pickering made the announcement during a press conference held today at Mississippi Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
Pickering was elected as Mississippi’s 41st state auditor in 2007.
A seventh generation Mississippian, Pickering currently serves on the Domestic Working Group for the Office of the Comptroller General of the United States. He also serves on the Financial Management and Intergovernmental Affairs and Performance Audit Committees for the National Association of State Auditors, Comptrollers and Treasurers and is a member of the National State Auditors Association.
Pickering also oversees the accountability and transparency of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds spent in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Pickering to seek another term as state auditor”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015