Investigators looking into death of Howard worker
ELLISVILLE — Jones County authorities are investigating the death of a Howard Industries employee over the weekend at the company’s Ellisville plant.
Ellisville Police Department Investigator Christy Carona says the death has been ruled an accident.
County Coroner Nancy Barnett says the exact cause of death has not been determined, pending an investigation and autopsy.
Carona says 29-year-old Benjamin Edward Spoon, an electronics technician, was testing electrical transformers Sunday when he was believed to have been electrocuted. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Fair cabins becoming more valuable, sources say
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Cal-Maine strikes joint venture deal with Arizona company