Investigators looking into death of Howard worker
ELLISVILLE — Jones County authorities are investigating the death of a Howard Industries employee over the weekend at the company’s Ellisville plant.
Ellisville Police Department Investigator Christy Carona says the death has been ruled an accident.
County Coroner Nancy Barnett says the exact cause of death has not been determined, pending an investigation and autopsy.
Carona says 29-year-old Benjamin Edward Spoon, an electronics technician, was testing electrical transformers Sunday when he was believed to have been electrocuted. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force