Investigators looking into death of Howard worker
ELLISVILLE — Jones County authorities are investigating the death of a Howard Industries employee over the weekend at the company’s Ellisville plant.
Ellisville Police Department Investigator Christy Carona says the death has been ruled an accident.
County Coroner Nancy Barnett says the exact cause of death has not been determined, pending an investigation and autopsy.
Carona says 29-year-old Benjamin Edward Spoon, an electronics technician, was testing electrical transformers Sunday when he was believed to have been electrocuted. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center