Investigators looking into death of Howard worker
ELLISVILLE — Jones County authorities are investigating the death of a Howard Industries employee over the weekend at the company’s Ellisville plant.
Ellisville Police Department Investigator Christy Carona says the death has been ruled an accident.
County Coroner Nancy Barnett says the exact cause of death has not been determined, pending an investigation and autopsy.
Carona says 29-year-old Benjamin Edward Spoon, an electronics technician, was testing electrical transformers Sunday when he was believed to have been electrocuted. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip