Investigators looking into death of Howard worker
ELLISVILLE — Jones County authorities are investigating the death of a Howard Industries employee over the weekend at the company’s Ellisville plant.
Ellisville Police Department Investigator Christy Carona says the death has been ruled an accident.
County Coroner Nancy Barnett says the exact cause of death has not been determined, pending an investigation and autopsy.
Carona says 29-year-old Benjamin Edward Spoon, an electronics technician, was testing electrical transformers Sunday when he was believed to have been electrocuted. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson