Nissan sets production start-up for NVs
Published: January 11,2011
CANTON — Nissan Motor Co. says it will begin production of its new 2012 Nissan NV at its expanded Canton assembly plant on Jan. 19.
The NV marks Nissan’s first venture into the commercial vehicle market in the United States. It will be aimed at commercial van customers beginning this spring through a network of Nissan commercial dealers.
Nissan performed a two-year, $118-million expansion of its Canton plant to produce the NV.
The plant opened in 2003 and currently employs 3,300 workers. The facility also produces the Nissan Altima sedan, Titan pickup and Armada SUV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss