Nissan sets production start-up for NVs
Published: January 11,2011
CANTON — Nissan Motor Co. says it will begin production of its new 2012 Nissan NV at its expanded Canton assembly plant on Jan. 19.
The NV marks Nissan’s first venture into the commercial vehicle market in the United States. It will be aimed at commercial van customers beginning this spring through a network of Nissan commercial dealers.
Nissan performed a two-year, $118-million expansion of its Canton plant to produce the NV.
The plant opened in 2003 and currently employs 3,300 workers. The facility also produces the Nissan Altima sedan, Titan pickup and Armada SUV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues