Nissan sets production start-up for NVs
Published: January 11,2011
CANTON — Nissan Motor Co. says it will begin production of its new 2012 Nissan NV at its expanded Canton assembly plant on Jan. 19.
The NV marks Nissan’s first venture into the commercial vehicle market in the United States. It will be aimed at commercial van customers beginning this spring through a network of Nissan commercial dealers.
Nissan performed a two-year, $118-million expansion of its Canton plant to produce the NV.
The plant opened in 2003 and currently employs 3,300 workers. The facility also produces the Nissan Altima sedan, Titan pickup and Armada SUV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement