Nissan sets production start-up for NVs
Published: January 11,2011
CANTON — Nissan Motor Co. says it will begin production of its new 2012 Nissan NV at its expanded Canton assembly plant on Jan. 19.
The NV marks Nissan’s first venture into the commercial vehicle market in the United States. It will be aimed at commercial van customers beginning this spring through a network of Nissan commercial dealers.
Nissan performed a two-year, $118-million expansion of its Canton plant to produce the NV.
The plant opened in 2003 and currently employs 3,300 workers. The facility also produces the Nissan Altima sedan, Titan pickup and Armada SUV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- 'Get on Up' movie opens in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet