Nissan sets production start-up for NVs
by Associated Press
Published: January 11,2011
CANTON — Nissan Motor Co. says it will begin production of its new 2012 Nissan NV at its expanded Canton assembly plant on Jan. 19.
The NV marks Nissan’s first venture into the commercial vehicle market in the United States. It will be aimed at commercial van customers beginning this spring through a network of Nissan commercial dealers.
Nissan performed a two-year, $118-million expansion of its Canton plant to produce the NV.
The plant opened in 2003 and currently employs 3,300 workers. The facility also produces the Nissan Altima sedan, Titan pickup and Armada SUV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Texas company buys Tuscaloosa Marine Shale leases