Nissan sets production start-up for NVs
by Associated Press
Published: January 11,2011
CANTON — Nissan Motor Co. says it will begin production of its new 2012 Nissan NV at its expanded Canton assembly plant on Jan. 19.
The NV marks Nissan’s first venture into the commercial vehicle market in the United States. It will be aimed at commercial van customers beginning this spring through a network of Nissan commercial dealers.
Nissan performed a two-year, $118-million expansion of its Canton plant to produce the NV.
The plant opened in 2003 and currently employs 3,300 workers. The facility also produces the Nissan Altima sedan, Titan pickup and Armada SUV.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- The link between education and economic development
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital