Scott Petroleum buys Bostick Brothers
GREENVILLE — Two Mississippi companies that were founded in the 1920′s and 1930′s have recently become one.
Scott Petroleum has acquired Bostick Brothers. Terms were not disclosed.
Xan Robertson, grandson of founder Xan Bostick, said. “It was just a good time to sell.”
Details of the transaction were not released.
The deal came about because the current owners, Xan Robertson and his brother, Tom, wanted to focus their attention elsewhere.
“My brother and I are really more farmers,” Xan Robertson said. “We have never worked daily at the company.
The Bostick Brothers’ seven gas station owners bought the land and stores. They will soon be changing their pumps and canopies to reflect the change in owners, but other than that business will continue as usual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal