Scott Petroleum buys Bostick Brothers
GREENVILLE — Two Mississippi companies that were founded in the 1920’s and 1930’s have recently become one.
Scott Petroleum has acquired Bostick Brothers. Terms were not disclosed.
Xan Robertson, grandson of founder Xan Bostick, said. “It was just a good time to sell.”
Details of the transaction were not released.
The deal came about because the current owners, Xan Robertson and his brother, Tom, wanted to focus their attention elsewhere.
“My brother and I are really more farmers,” Xan Robertson said. “We have never worked daily at the company.
The Bostick Brothers’ seven gas station owners bought the land and stores. They will soon be changing their pumps and canopies to reflect the change in owners, but other than that business will continue as usual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)