Scott Petroleum buys Bostick Brothers
GREENVILLE — Two Mississippi companies that were founded in the 1920’s and 1930’s have recently become one.
Scott Petroleum has acquired Bostick Brothers. Terms were not disclosed.
Xan Robertson, grandson of founder Xan Bostick, said. “It was just a good time to sell.”
Details of the transaction were not released.
The deal came about because the current owners, Xan Robertson and his brother, Tom, wanted to focus their attention elsewhere.
“My brother and I are really more farmers,” Xan Robertson said. “We have never worked daily at the company.
The Bostick Brothers’ seven gas station owners bought the land and stores. They will soon be changing their pumps and canopies to reflect the change in owners, but other than that business will continue as usual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real