Scott Petroleum buys Bostick Brothers
GREENVILLE — Two Mississippi companies that were founded in the 1920′s and 1930′s have recently become one.
Scott Petroleum has acquired Bostick Brothers. Terms were not disclosed.
Xan Robertson, grandson of founder Xan Bostick, said. “It was just a good time to sell.”
Details of the transaction were not released.
The deal came about because the current owners, Xan Robertson and his brother, Tom, wanted to focus their attention elsewhere.
“My brother and I are really more farmers,” Xan Robertson said. “We have never worked daily at the company.
The Bostick Brothers’ seven gas station owners bought the land and stores. They will soon be changing their pumps and canopies to reflect the change in owners, but other than that business will continue as usual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Doctor appeals Medicaid, Medicare fraud conviction
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Appeals panel rules against town in race discrimination case
- Entrepreneurs want ordinance change to add micro-brewery