First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well