First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money