First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center