First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- CARTOON — Nobile illustrates Thad Cochran's most significant advantage over the competition
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Judge denies ex-mayor's motion to vacate Katrina-related conviction
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Wiseman retiring after nearly 30 years with Stennis Institute
- Real estate developer to plead guilty to wetlands violation
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State