First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody