First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi