First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi