First-term senator to run for state treasurer
BRANDON — State Sen. Lee Yancey, a Republican from Brandon, will announce his candidacy for state treasurer tomorrow in a series of stops around Mississippi.
Yancey will make campaign stops in Brandon, Olive Branch, Laurel, Meridian, Pascagoula and Ripley.
Yancey is serving his first term in the state Senate, representing Rankin County.
State Treasurer Tate Reeves, a Republican, is widely believed to be considering a run for lieutenant governor. He has not announced his plans.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state