Noetic/USM partnership earns MTA award
HATTIESBURG — Noetic Technologies Inc. and the University of Southern Mississippi were recently awarded the John I. Rucker Community Innovation Leadership Award at the 11th Annual Conference on High Technology hosted by the Mississippi Technology Alliance.
The Rucker Award is given in recognition of leadership for organizations that represent a government, academic and private sector partnership. These organizations are recognized for the development of a strategic innovation-led economic development program focused on technology, research, entrepreneurship and capital formation.
Noetic and Southern Miss were honored based upon the unique model of a private company/academic institution technology transfer process.
“The Noetic/USM partnership continues to develop and promote a process that supports technology development and entrepreneurship that meets our customers’ needs,” said Les Goff, president and CEO of Noetic.
Noetic began as an initiative of USM and is geared toward marketing and commercialization of the university’s technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending