Noetic/USM partnership earns MTA award
HATTIESBURG — Noetic Technologies Inc. and the University of Southern Mississippi were recently awarded the John I. Rucker Community Innovation Leadership Award at the 11th Annual Conference on High Technology hosted by the Mississippi Technology Alliance.
The Rucker Award is given in recognition of leadership for organizations that represent a government, academic and private sector partnership. These organizations are recognized for the development of a strategic innovation-led economic development program focused on technology, research, entrepreneurship and capital formation.
Noetic and Southern Miss were honored based upon the unique model of a private company/academic institution technology transfer process.
“The Noetic/USM partnership continues to develop and promote a process that supports technology development and entrepreneurship that meets our customers’ needs,” said Les Goff, president and CEO of Noetic.
Noetic began as an initiative of USM and is geared toward marketing and commercialization of the university’s technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability