Noetic/USM partnership earns MTA award
HATTIESBURG — Noetic Technologies Inc. and the University of Southern Mississippi were recently awarded the John I. Rucker Community Innovation Leadership Award at the 11th Annual Conference on High Technology hosted by the Mississippi Technology Alliance.
The Rucker Award is given in recognition of leadership for organizations that represent a government, academic and private sector partnership. These organizations are recognized for the development of a strategic innovation-led economic development program focused on technology, research, entrepreneurship and capital formation.
Noetic and Southern Miss were honored based upon the unique model of a private company/academic institution technology transfer process.
“The Noetic/USM partnership continues to develop and promote a process that supports technology development and entrepreneurship that meets our customers’ needs,” said Les Goff, president and CEO of Noetic.
Noetic began as an initiative of USM and is geared toward marketing and commercialization of the university’s technology.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics