SBA lending in state sets another record
JACKSON — The U.S. Small Business Administration has guaranteed 324 loans for Mississippi small businesses totaling approximately $153.139 million during the first three months of fiscal year 2011.
This represents a 60 percent increase in the number of loans approved and a 186 percent increase in loan dollars approved compared to the first quarter of fiscal year 2010, which had 203 loans totaling approximately $53.71 million.
An additional $3.2 million in ARC loans were made during the first quarter last year, but that program expired when the Recovery Act sunset, which makes these numbers even more substantial.
“It is a record for loan dollars approved in a quarter in Mississippi,” said Janita R. Stewart, Mississippi SBA District director. “(It is) even more impressive when you consider $193,274,951 in loan dollars were guaranteed for all of fiscal year 2010 in Mississippi, which was a record-setting year.”
SBA’s fiscal year runs from Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state