SBA lending in state sets another record
JACKSON — The U.S. Small Business Administration has guaranteed 324 loans for Mississippi small businesses totaling approximately $153.139 million during the first three months of fiscal year 2011.
This represents a 60 percent increase in the number of loans approved and a 186 percent increase in loan dollars approved compared to the first quarter of fiscal year 2010, which had 203 loans totaling approximately $53.71 million.
An additional $3.2 million in ARC loans were made during the first quarter last year, but that program expired when the Recovery Act sunset, which makes these numbers even more substantial.
“It is a record for loan dollars approved in a quarter in Mississippi,” said Janita R. Stewart, Mississippi SBA District director. “(It is) even more impressive when you consider $193,274,951 in loan dollars were guaranteed for all of fiscal year 2010 in Mississippi, which was a record-setting year.”
SBA’s fiscal year runs from Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez
- Northrop Grumman begins production of five NATO drones