SBA lending in state sets another record
JACKSON — The U.S. Small Business Administration has guaranteed 324 loans for Mississippi small businesses totaling approximately $153.139 million during the first three months of fiscal year 2011.
This represents a 60 percent increase in the number of loans approved and a 186 percent increase in loan dollars approved compared to the first quarter of fiscal year 2010, which had 203 loans totaling approximately $53.71 million.
An additional $3.2 million in ARC loans were made during the first quarter last year, but that program expired when the Recovery Act sunset, which makes these numbers even more substantial.
“It is a record for loan dollars approved in a quarter in Mississippi,” said Janita R. Stewart, Mississippi SBA District director. “(It is) even more impressive when you consider $193,274,951 in loan dollars were guaranteed for all of fiscal year 2010 in Mississippi, which was a record-setting year.”
SBA’s fiscal year runs from Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015