SBA lending in state sets another record
JACKSON — The U.S. Small Business Administration has guaranteed 324 loans for Mississippi small businesses totaling approximately $153.139 million during the first three months of fiscal year 2011.
This represents a 60 percent increase in the number of loans approved and a 186 percent increase in loan dollars approved compared to the first quarter of fiscal year 2010, which had 203 loans totaling approximately $53.71 million.
An additional $3.2 million in ARC loans were made during the first quarter last year, but that program expired when the Recovery Act sunset, which makes these numbers even more substantial.
“It is a record for loan dollars approved in a quarter in Mississippi,” said Janita R. Stewart, Mississippi SBA District director. “(It is) even more impressive when you consider $193,274,951 in loan dollars were guaranteed for all of fiscal year 2010 in Mississippi, which was a record-setting year.”
SBA’s fiscal year runs from Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur