Barbour sets special election for Senate seat
JACKSON — Gov. Haley Barbour announced a special election will be held March 1 for District 12 seat in the Mississippi State Senate.
A vacancy was created Jan. 3, 2011, when Johnnie E. Walls Jr. resigned following his election to the Circuit Judgeship for Mississippi’s 11th District. The District 12 Senate seat includes parts of Bolivar and Washington counties.
The qualifying deadline will be Jan. 30. If necessary, a run-off will be held March 22. The winner will serve the remaining portion of the term of office. The election for the next full term will be held in the fall.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO