Restaurant manager fired for offensive e-mail
RIDGELAND — The general manager of Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Ridgeland has been fired for an e-mail that the recipient found racially offensive, according to The Clarion-Ledger.
According to the newspaper, LeTrenda Watson, an African American who was attempting to make a reservation for a birthday party, received a return e-mail message that included an exchange between Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland’s general manager Andy Nesenson and marketing manager Wendy Stringer Partain. The message read, in part, “Another ghetto Sat. Party.”
When Partain sent an e-mail to Watson, Nesenson’s message to Partain was included.
Lee Baynes, spokesperson for Cooper T. Smith, which owns Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland, told the newspaper, “It was an error on Mrs. Partain’s part and poor judgment by the manager.”
Ruth’s Hospitality Group president and CEO Michael O’Donnell issued a news release yesterday, calling the message “egregious,” “ugly” and “inappropriate.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division