Restaurant manager fired for offensive e-mail
RIDGELAND — The general manager of Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Ridgeland has been fired for an e-mail that the recipient found racially offensive, according to The Clarion-Ledger.
According to the newspaper, LeTrenda Watson, an African American who was attempting to make a reservation for a birthday party, received a return e-mail message that included an exchange between Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland’s general manager Andy Nesenson and marketing manager Wendy Stringer Partain. The message read, in part, “Another ghetto Sat. Party.”
When Partain sent an e-mail to Watson, Nesenson’s message to Partain was included.
Lee Baynes, spokesperson for Cooper T. Smith, which owns Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland, told the newspaper, “It was an error on Mrs. Partain’s part and poor judgment by the manager.”
Ruth’s Hospitality Group president and CEO Michael O’Donnell issued a news release yesterday, calling the message “egregious,” “ugly” and “inappropriate.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19