Restaurant manager fired for offensive e-mail
RIDGELAND — The general manager of Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Ridgeland has been fired for an e-mail that the recipient found racially offensive, according to The Clarion-Ledger.
According to the newspaper, LeTrenda Watson, an African American who was attempting to make a reservation for a birthday party, received a return e-mail message that included an exchange between Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland’s general manager Andy Nesenson and marketing manager Wendy Stringer Partain. The message read, in part, “Another ghetto Sat. Party.”
When Partain sent an e-mail to Watson, Nesenson’s message to Partain was included.
Lee Baynes, spokesperson for Cooper T. Smith, which owns Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland, told the newspaper, “It was an error on Mrs. Partain’s part and poor judgment by the manager.”
Ruth’s Hospitality Group president and CEO Michael O’Donnell issued a news release yesterday, calling the message “egregious,” “ugly” and “inappropriate.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money