Restaurant manager fired for offensive e-mail
RIDGELAND — The general manager of Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Ridgeland has been fired for an e-mail that the recipient found racially offensive, according to The Clarion-Ledger.
According to the newspaper, LeTrenda Watson, an African American who was attempting to make a reservation for a birthday party, received a return e-mail message that included an exchange between Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland’s general manager Andy Nesenson and marketing manager Wendy Stringer Partain. The message read, in part, “Another ghetto Sat. Party.”
When Partain sent an e-mail to Watson, Nesenson’s message to Partain was included.
Lee Baynes, spokesperson for Cooper T. Smith, which owns Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland, told the newspaper, “It was an error on Mrs. Partain’s part and poor judgment by the manager.”
Ruth’s Hospitality Group president and CEO Michael O’Donnell issued a news release yesterday, calling the message “egregious,” “ugly” and “inappropriate.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Judicial candidates put on ballot after rejection of challenges
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- MSU receives funding for two proposals aimed at boosting NASA missions
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university