Restaurant manager fired for offensive e-mail
RIDGELAND — The general manager of Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Ridgeland has been fired for an e-mail that the recipient found racially offensive, according to The Clarion-Ledger.
According to the newspaper, LeTrenda Watson, an African American who was attempting to make a reservation for a birthday party, received a return e-mail message that included an exchange between Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland’s general manager Andy Nesenson and marketing manager Wendy Stringer Partain. The message read, in part, “Another ghetto Sat. Party.”
When Partain sent an e-mail to Watson, Nesenson’s message to Partain was included.
Lee Baynes, spokesperson for Cooper T. Smith, which owns Ruth’s Chris-Ridgeland, told the newspaper, “It was an error on Mrs. Partain’s part and poor judgment by the manager.”
Ruth’s Hospitality Group president and CEO Michael O’Donnell issued a news release yesterday, calling the message “egregious,” “ugly” and “inappropriate.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Meadville mayor seeks Sojourner's Senate seat
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Entergy plans three solar-power pilot projects
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion