Keeping our eye on: Toby Hedges
Published: January 16,2011
Hometown: Cabot, Ark.
Education: B.A. in business administration, University of Central Arkansas
Current Position: Agent/owner, Shelter Insurance
Toby Hedges has been in the insurance industry since 1998. The native Arkansan admits that he is most proud of starting his own business from scratch in a town and state where he knew no one.
As the owner and agent for Shelter Insurance in Tupelo, Hedges says he thrives on interacting with people and educating them on the importance of insurance by helping them understand how it can truly help them.
A “people person” in every sense of the word, Hedges is an active member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Tupelo Young Professionals and the Community Development Foundation.
Hedges says he keeps his smiles handy, hoping to cast a vision for each prospective client on how the right insurance can create an immeasurable benefit.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Rooftop Dining at Park Heights
Must have Mississippi food: Tupelo Country Club Fried Chicken
Favorite Hangout: MLM, Tupelo
Favorite Television Show: “Justified”
Favorite Movie: “Bad Boys II”
Favorite Band: Aerosmith
Last book read: “The Blind Side”
Best role Model: Mike Hedges
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation