Keeping our eye on: Toby Hedges
by Stephen McDill
Published: January 16,2011
Hometown: Cabot, Ark.
Education: B.A. in business administration, University of Central Arkansas
Current Position: Agent/owner, Shelter Insurance
Toby Hedges has been in the insurance industry since 1998. The native Arkansan admits that he is most proud of starting his own business from scratch in a town and state where he knew no one.
As the owner and agent for Shelter Insurance in Tupelo, Hedges says he thrives on interacting with people and educating them on the importance of insurance by helping them understand how it can truly help them.
A “people person” in every sense of the word, Hedges is an active member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Tupelo Young Professionals and the Community Development Foundation.
Hedges says he keeps his smiles handy, hoping to cast a vision for each prospective client on how the right insurance can create an immeasurable benefit.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Rooftop Dining at Park Heights
Must have Mississippi food: Tupelo Country Club Fried Chicken
Favorite Hangout: MLM, Tupelo
Favorite Television Show: “Justified”
Favorite Movie: “Bad Boys II”
Favorite Band: Aerosmith
Last book read: “The Blind Side”
Best role Model: Mike Hedges
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program