Keeping our eye on: Toby Hedges
Published: January 16,2011
Hometown: Cabot, Ark.
Education: B.A. in business administration, University of Central Arkansas
Current Position: Agent/owner, Shelter Insurance
Toby Hedges has been in the insurance industry since 1998. The native Arkansan admits that he is most proud of starting his own business from scratch in a town and state where he knew no one.
As the owner and agent for Shelter Insurance in Tupelo, Hedges says he thrives on interacting with people and educating them on the importance of insurance by helping them understand how it can truly help them.
A “people person” in every sense of the word, Hedges is an active member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Tupelo Young Professionals and the Community Development Foundation.
Hedges says he keeps his smiles handy, hoping to cast a vision for each prospective client on how the right insurance can create an immeasurable benefit.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Rooftop Dining at Park Heights
Must have Mississippi food: Tupelo Country Club Fried Chicken
Favorite Hangout: MLM, Tupelo
Favorite Television Show: “Justified”
Favorite Movie: “Bad Boys II”
Favorite Band: Aerosmith
Last book read: “The Blind Side”
Best role Model: Mike Hedges
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss