Keeping our eye on: Toby Hedges
by Stephen McDill
Published: January 16,2011
Hometown: Cabot, Ark.
Education: B.A. in business administration, University of Central Arkansas
Current Position: Agent/owner, Shelter Insurance
Toby Hedges has been in the insurance industry since 1998. The native Arkansan admits that he is most proud of starting his own business from scratch in a town and state where he knew no one.
As the owner and agent for Shelter Insurance in Tupelo, Hedges says he thrives on interacting with people and educating them on the importance of insurance by helping them understand how it can truly help them.
A “people person” in every sense of the word, Hedges is an active member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Tupelo Young Professionals and the Community Development Foundation.
Hedges says he keeps his smiles handy, hoping to cast a vision for each prospective client on how the right insurance can create an immeasurable benefit.
Mississippi’s best kept secret: Rooftop Dining at Park Heights
Must have Mississippi food: Tupelo Country Club Fried Chicken
Favorite Hangout: MLM, Tupelo
Favorite Television Show: “Justified”
Favorite Movie: “Bad Boys II”
Favorite Band: Aerosmith
Last book read: “The Blind Side”
Best role Model: Mike Hedges
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center