MDEQ issues Coast beach advisory
GULFPORT — The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ), through its Beach Monitoring Program, has issues a beach advisory due to high bacteria levels.
The affected area is Station 11, located near Cowan/Lorraine Road in Gulfport.
When water samples show that levels are safe for human contact, the MDEQ said it would lift the advisory. The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, which performs water sampling of the Mississippi Gulf Coast beaches for MDEQ, will notify the agency when the areas have returned to acceptable levels.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Nullification and interposition
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Commission eyeing unauthorized changes to historic structures
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district