Moon elected chairman
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2011
Tags: American Economic Development Council, economic development, Economic Development Institute, International Economic Development Council, Jay Moon, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, Mississippi Manufacturers Association, National Association of State Development Agencies, Nissan, Rick Santorum, Robert B. Cassell Student Leadership Award, University of Georgia, University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute, University of Southern Mississippi
The nominating committee of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) has elected Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM, president and CEO of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association, as chairman of its board of directors. Moon has more than 25 years of successful economic development experience. He served as the deputy director and director for international development with the Mississippi Development Authority. Moon has extensive experience in international markets, including Asia, Europe and Latin America. He has led dozens of trade and investment missions and has managed international offices in seven countries.
Moon is the former president of the National Association of State Development Agencies. He served on the board of the American Economic Development Council for two terms, and he currently serves on the board of the International Economic Development Council. He is a certified economic developer and a fellow member with the International Economic Development Council.
Moon is a graduate of the Economic Development Institute and a recipient of EDI’s Robert B. Cassell Student Leadership Award. He currently is an instructor and mentor with the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute, where he also serves on the board of directors.
In addition, he is an instructor with the EDI-IEDC-CETY’s program in Mexico. Moon has also taught courses on international development, incentives and ethics as a part of the basic course at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Moon has an undergraduate degree in international relations and a master of public administration from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey