Moon elected chairman
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2011
Tags: American Economic Development Council, economic development, Economic Development Institute, International Economic Development Council, Jay Moon, manufacturing, Mississippi Development Authority, Mississippi Manufacturers Association, National Association of State Development Agencies, Nissan, Rick Santorum, Robert B. Cassell Student Leadership Award, University of Georgia, University of Oklahoma Economic Development Institute, University of Southern Mississippi
The nominating committee of the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) has elected Jay C. Moon, CEcD, FM, president and CEO of the Mississippi Manufacturers Association, as chairman of its board of directors. Moon has more than 25 years of successful economic development experience. He served as the deputy director and director for international development with the Mississippi Development Authority. Moon has extensive experience in international markets, including Asia, Europe and Latin America. He has led dozens of trade and investment missions and has managed international offices in seven countries.
Moon is the former president of the National Association of State Development Agencies. He served on the board of the American Economic Development Council for two terms, and he currently serves on the board of the International Economic Development Council. He is a certified economic developer and a fellow member with the International Economic Development Council.
Moon is a graduate of the Economic Development Institute and a recipient of EDI’s Robert B. Cassell Student Leadership Award. He currently is an instructor and mentor with the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute, where he also serves on the board of directors.
In addition, he is an instructor with the EDI-IEDC-CETY’s program in Mexico. Moon has also taught courses on international development, incentives and ethics as a part of the basic course at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Moon has an undergraduate degree in international relations and a master of public administration from the University of Georgia.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren