Northrop, Isle of Capri lays off workers
Published: January 18,2011
PASCAGOULA and BILOXI — Layoffs are on the way at a Mississippi Gulf Coast casino and at a shipyard.
Northrop Grumman yesterday confirmed a WLOX television report that it laid off 76 workers Friday. A company statement issued by spokesman Bill Glenn notes the cyclical nature of the shipbuilding industry.
Meanwhile, WLOX reports that the Isle Casino Hotel in Biloxi notified almost three-dozen employees yesterday that they are being let go.
An Isle spokeswoman said the company is bringing in a private company to do its maintenance. She said the workers were encouraged to apply for other open positions at the Isle, as well as with Southeast Cleaning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Court tosses challenge to Miss. Silicon’s clean air permit
- S&P: State in top 10 in U.S. in sales tax dependency
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015