Northrop, Isle of Capri lays off workers
Published: January 18,2011
PASCAGOULA and BILOXI — Layoffs are on the way at a Mississippi Gulf Coast casino and at a shipyard.
Northrop Grumman yesterday confirmed a WLOX television report that it laid off 76 workers Friday. A company statement issued by spokesman Bill Glenn notes the cyclical nature of the shipbuilding industry.
Meanwhile, WLOX reports that the Isle Casino Hotel in Biloxi notified almost three-dozen employees yesterday that they are being let go.
An Isle spokeswoman said the company is bringing in a private company to do its maintenance. She said the workers were encouraged to apply for other open positions at the Isle, as well as with Southeast Cleaning.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss