Rice producers make team
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2011
Tags: Cuba, Cuba's International Trade Fair, Curtis Berry, Delta Research & Extension Center, Havana, Mexico, Mississippi State University, Rice Foundation, Rice Foundation International Leadership Development Program, Stoneville, Tim Walker, Tunica
Tim Walker, an agronomist at Mississippi State University’s Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville and Curtis Berry, a rice producer from Tunica, were participants in the Rice Foundation’s International Leadership Development Program, which included traveling to Mexico and Cuba.
The Foundation’s five-member leadership team attended Cuba’s International Trade Fair held in Havana. More than 1,500 companies from 60 countries worldwide attended. U.S. businesses had little presence at the event due to stiff U.S. trade penalties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Woman indicted for Medicaid fraud; faces up to 35 years in prison
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Davis resigns, turning over mayor's office early