Rice producers make team
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2011
Tags: Cuba, Cuba's International Trade Fair, Curtis Berry, Delta Research & Extension Center, Havana, Mexico, Mississippi State University, Rice Foundation, Rice Foundation International Leadership Development Program, Stoneville, Tim Walker, Tunica
Tim Walker, an agronomist at Mississippi State University’s Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville and Curtis Berry, a rice producer from Tunica, were participants in the Rice Foundation’s International Leadership Development Program, which included traveling to Mexico and Cuba.
The Foundation’s five-member leadership team attended Cuba’s International Trade Fair held in Havana. More than 1,500 companies from 60 countries worldwide attended. U.S. businesses had little presence at the event due to stiff U.S. trade penalties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers
- Gulf LNG terminal mulling export opportunities
- Secretary of State's Office transitioning to new location