Rice producers make team
by MBJ Staff
Published: January 18,2011
Tags: Cuba, Cuba's International Trade Fair, Curtis Berry, Delta Research & Extension Center, Havana, Mexico, Mississippi State University, Rice Foundation, Rice Foundation International Leadership Development Program, Stoneville, Tim Walker, Tunica
Tim Walker, an agronomist at Mississippi State University’s Delta Research and Extension Center in Stoneville and Curtis Berry, a rice producer from Tunica, were participants in the Rice Foundation’s International Leadership Development Program, which included traveling to Mexico and Cuba.
The Foundation’s five-member leadership team attended Cuba’s International Trade Fair held in Havana. More than 1,500 companies from 60 countries worldwide attended. U.S. businesses had little presence at the event due to stiff U.S. trade penalties.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate