Gumm named leader of Stone County EDP
WIGGINS — The Stone County Economic Development Partnership has selected Jay Paul Gumm to become its new executive director.
Gumm, 47, is a native of Durant, Okla. For the past eight years, he served that area as state senator. Prior to that, he was the executive director of the Durant (Okla.) Area Chamber of Commerce.
Local leaders who were a part of the search committee expressed enthusiasm for the selection. Dale Bond, president of the Stone County Board of Supervisors, said, “Jay Paul’s experience working with state legislators and economic development leaders should help us develop new approaches for bringing business and industry to our county. I think he represents the economic development vision we need.”
Gumm is a graduate of Southeastern Oklahoma State University. He and his wife, Deena, are the parents of Jacob. The family, including his mother-in-law, will be relocating to Stone County.
Gumm will be on the job beginning Feb. 1.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015