Chevron adding another ship berth at Coast plant
PASCAGOULA — Chevron will add a ninth ship berth at its planned base oil facility in Pascagoula with the granting of permit approval by the Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources.
Chevron currently has eight berths along Bayou Casotte, where the base oil plant would be located.
The proposed base oil production plant would be capable of producing 25,000 barrels a day of base oil, which is used to produce premium lubricants including motor oil.
The Mississippi Press reports the commission modified an existing permit to allow Chevron to dredge along the Bayou Casotte ship channel in the area of its existing marine terminal.
The planned work includes filling wetlands, dredging and removing material from water bottoms and constructing more structures on Bayou Casotte.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation