Chevron adding another ship berth at Coast plant
PASCAGOULA — Chevron will add a ninth ship berth at its planned base oil facility in Pascagoula with the granting of permit approval by the Mississippi Commission on Marine Resources.
Chevron currently has eight berths along Bayou Casotte, where the base oil plant would be located.
The proposed base oil production plant would be capable of producing 25,000 barrels a day of base oil, which is used to produce premium lubricants including motor oil.
The Mississippi Press reports the commission modified an existing permit to allow Chevron to dredge along the Bayou Casotte ship channel in the area of its existing marine terminal.
The planned work includes filling wetlands, dredging and removing material from water bottoms and constructing more structures on Bayou Casotte.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years