Two more state lawmakers switch to GOP
JACKSON — Two more Mississippi lawmakers have switched from Democrat to Republican.
State Reps. Margaret Rogers of New Albany and Russ Nowell of Louisville announced their switch today during a news conference at the state Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
With the changes, there are now 53 Republicans and 68 Democrats in the state House of Representatives, with one vacant seat.
In late December, Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith of Brookhaven and Rep. Bobby Shows of Ellisville switched from Democrat to Republican.
There are 26 Republicans and 25 Democrats in the state Senate, with one vacancy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two more state lawmakers switch to GOP”
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Office occupancy edged up throughout Metro Jackson