Two more state lawmakers switch to GOP
JACKSON — Two more Mississippi lawmakers have switched from Democrat to Republican.
State Reps. Margaret Rogers of New Albany and Russ Nowell of Louisville announced their switch today during a news conference at the state Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
With the changes, there are now 53 Republicans and 68 Democrats in the state House of Representatives, with one vacant seat.
In late December, Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith of Brookhaven and Rep. Bobby Shows of Ellisville switched from Democrat to Republican.
There are 26 Republicans and 25 Democrats in the state Senate, with one vacancy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two more state lawmakers switch to GOP”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- More school districts join MAEP lawsuit brought by Musgrove
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money