Two more state lawmakers switch to GOP
JACKSON — Two more Mississippi lawmakers have switched from Democrat to Republican.
State Reps. Margaret Rogers of New Albany and Russ Nowell of Louisville announced their switch today during a news conference at the state Republican Party headquarters in Jackson.
With the changes, there are now 53 Republicans and 68 Democrats in the state House of Representatives, with one vacant seat.
In late December, Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith of Brookhaven and Rep. Bobby Shows of Ellisville switched from Democrat to Republican.
There are 26 Republicans and 25 Democrats in the state Senate, with one vacancy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Two more state lawmakers switch to GOP”
Top Posts & Pages
- School superintendent terminated after party funds, travel questions
- Telepak strikes another branding deal with C Spire
- Accounting firm finds problems at troubled MDMR
- Airline announces new service at Oxford
- C Spire launches new WiFi On app for Android-powered phones
- Hosemann recruiting Realtors to market tax-forfeited property
- South's oldest casino to reopen as Golden Nugget
- At age 17, ‘the flagpole kid’ is already a business success story
- Report: State's teacher education programs 'mediocre at best'