Enerkem gets loan guarantee for Pontotoc plant
Published: January 21,2011
PONTOTOC — Enerkem Inc. announced that Enerkem Corporation, its wholly-owned U.S. affiliate, has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80-million loan guarantee by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the construction of its waste-to-biofuels (ethanol) project in Pontotoc.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program and follows an award of up to $50 million from the U.S. Department of Energy, announced in late 2009, for this facility.
Enerkem’s biorefinery operation in Pontotoc — a 300-ton-per-day facility located on the Three Rivers landfill site — will initially produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste. The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau