Enerkem gets loan guarantee for Pontotoc plant
Published: January 21,2011
PONTOTOC — Enerkem Inc. announced that Enerkem Corporation, its wholly-owned U.S. affiliate, has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80-million loan guarantee by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the construction of its waste-to-biofuels (ethanol) project in Pontotoc.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program and follows an award of up to $50 million from the U.S. Department of Energy, announced in late 2009, for this facility.
Enerkem’s biorefinery operation in Pontotoc — a 300-ton-per-day facility located on the Three Rivers landfill site — will initially produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste. The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not