Enerkem gets loan guarantee for Pontotoc plant
by Wally Northway
Published: January 21,2011
PONTOTOC — Enerkem Inc. announced that Enerkem Corporation, its wholly-owned U.S. affiliate, has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80-million loan guarantee by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the construction of its waste-to-biofuels (ethanol) project in Pontotoc.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program and follows an award of up to $50 million from the U.S. Department of Energy, announced in late 2009, for this facility.
Enerkem’s biorefinery operation in Pontotoc — a 300-ton-per-day facility located on the Three Rivers landfill site — will initially produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste. The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody