Enerkem gets loan guarantee for Pontotoc plant
Published: January 21,2011
PONTOTOC — Enerkem Inc. announced that Enerkem Corporation, its wholly-owned U.S. affiliate, has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80-million loan guarantee by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the construction of its waste-to-biofuels (ethanol) project in Pontotoc.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program and follows an award of up to $50 million from the U.S. Department of Energy, announced in late 2009, for this facility.
Enerkem’s biorefinery operation in Pontotoc — a 300-ton-per-day facility located on the Three Rivers landfill site — will initially produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste. The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Deal for daily Jackson-Orlando flight in works with Allegiant
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts