Enerkem gets loan guarantee for Pontotoc plant
Published: January 21,2011
PONTOTOC — Enerkem Inc. announced that Enerkem Corporation, its wholly-owned U.S. affiliate, has obtained a conditional commitment for an $80-million loan guarantee by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the construction of its waste-to-biofuels (ethanol) project in Pontotoc.
The loan guarantee is part of the USDA 9003 Biorefinery Assistance Program and follows an award of up to $50 million from the U.S. Department of Energy, announced in late 2009, for this facility.
Enerkem’s biorefinery operation in Pontotoc — a 300-ton-per-day facility located on the Three Rivers landfill site — will initially produce 10 million gallons of ethanol annually from sorted municipal solid waste. The project is expected to create more than 70 permanent jobs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'