Officials report no injuries in paper plant fire
WIGGINS — All 19 night shift employees are reported safe after a fire at a paper plant in Wiggins.
Firefighters were working to contain the fire this morning. WLOX television says the blaze at Coastal Paper Co. broke out around 1:30 a.m. in a pulp storage shed.
The fire had not spread to the plant.
Wiggins Fire Chief Jody Hatten said four engines and more than 30 firefighters were battling the blaze.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal