Officials report no injuries in paper plant fire
WIGGINS — All 19 night shift employees are reported safe after a fire at a paper plant in Wiggins.
Firefighters were working to contain the fire this morning. WLOX television says the blaze at Coastal Paper Co. broke out around 1:30 a.m. in a pulp storage shed.
The fire had not spread to the plant.
Wiggins Fire Chief Jody Hatten said four engines and more than 30 firefighters were battling the blaze.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant