Officials report no injuries in paper plant fire
WIGGINS — All 19 night shift employees are reported safe after a fire at a paper plant in Wiggins.
Firefighters were working to contain the fire this morning. WLOX television says the blaze at Coastal Paper Co. broke out around 1:30 a.m. in a pulp storage shed.
The fire had not spread to the plant.
Wiggins Fire Chief Jody Hatten said four engines and more than 30 firefighters were battling the blaze.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO