Officials report no injuries in paper plant fire
WIGGINS — All 19 night shift employees are reported safe after a fire at a paper plant in Wiggins.
Firefighters were working to contain the fire this morning. WLOX television says the blaze at Coastal Paper Co. broke out around 1:30 a.m. in a pulp storage shed.
The fire had not spread to the plant.
Wiggins Fire Chief Jody Hatten said four engines and more than 30 firefighters were battling the blaze.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Olive Branch votes to issue $8 million in bonds