Officials report no injuries in paper plant fire
WIGGINS — All 19 night shift employees are reported safe after a fire at a paper plant in Wiggins.
Firefighters were working to contain the fire this morning. WLOX television says the blaze at Coastal Paper Co. broke out around 1:30 a.m. in a pulp storage shed.
The fire had not spread to the plant.
Wiggins Fire Chief Jody Hatten said four engines and more than 30 firefighters were battling the blaze.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments