Department reaches labor agreement with TVA
Published: January 24,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Building and Construction Trades Department has approved a five-year extension of a project labor agreement (PLA) with the Tennessee Valley Authority for the construction and maintenance work on TVA’s energy generation network.
The PLA extension will cover between 12.5 and 15 million man-hours of work annually over the course of this agreement.
PLAs are pre-hire collective bargaining agreements that are designed as a “project efficiency” tool to facilitate complex construction projects. Each PLA is negotiated and designed individually, and tailored to meet the needs of a specific project or an owner/manager/public entity. PLAs govern the work rules, pay and benefit rates and dispute resolution processes for every worker on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports