Department reaches labor agreement with TVA
Published: January 24,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Building and Construction Trades Department has approved a five-year extension of a project labor agreement (PLA) with the Tennessee Valley Authority for the construction and maintenance work on TVA’s energy generation network.
The PLA extension will cover between 12.5 and 15 million man-hours of work annually over the course of this agreement.
PLAs are pre-hire collective bargaining agreements that are designed as a “project efficiency” tool to facilitate complex construction projects. Each PLA is negotiated and designed individually, and tailored to meet the needs of a specific project or an owner/manager/public entity. PLAs govern the work rules, pay and benefit rates and dispute resolution processes for every worker on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey