Department reaches labor agreement with TVA
Published: January 24,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Building and Construction Trades Department has approved a five-year extension of a project labor agreement (PLA) with the Tennessee Valley Authority for the construction and maintenance work on TVA’s energy generation network.
The PLA extension will cover between 12.5 and 15 million man-hours of work annually over the course of this agreement.
PLAs are pre-hire collective bargaining agreements that are designed as a “project efficiency” tool to facilitate complex construction projects. Each PLA is negotiated and designed individually, and tailored to meet the needs of a specific project or an owner/manager/public entity. PLAs govern the work rules, pay and benefit rates and dispute resolution processes for every worker on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- After review, MSU moves forward on new research facility
- SpaceX, Stennis officially open new rocket test stand
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Acco Brands investing $1.6M, adding 162 workers