Department reaches labor agreement with TVA
by Wally Northway
Published: January 24,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Building and Construction Trades Department has approved a five-year extension of a project labor agreement (PLA) with the Tennessee Valley Authority for the construction and maintenance work on TVA’s energy generation network.
The PLA extension will cover between 12.5 and 15 million man-hours of work annually over the course of this agreement.
PLAs are pre-hire collective bargaining agreements that are designed as a “project efficiency” tool to facilitate complex construction projects. Each PLA is negotiated and designed individually, and tailored to meet the needs of a specific project or an owner/manager/public entity. PLAs govern the work rules, pay and benefit rates and dispute resolution processes for every worker on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Nullification and interposition
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable