Department reaches labor agreement with TVA
by Wally Northway
Published: January 24,2011
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Building and Construction Trades Department has approved a five-year extension of a project labor agreement (PLA) with the Tennessee Valley Authority for the construction and maintenance work on TVA’s energy generation network.
The PLA extension will cover between 12.5 and 15 million man-hours of work annually over the course of this agreement.
PLAs are pre-hire collective bargaining agreements that are designed as a “project efficiency” tool to facilitate complex construction projects. Each PLA is negotiated and designed individually, and tailored to meet the needs of a specific project or an owner/manager/public entity. PLAs govern the work rules, pay and benefit rates and dispute resolution processes for every worker on the project.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more