William Carey puts price tag on beachside property
by Associated Press
Published: January 24,2011
GULFPORT — William Carey University is asking $19.5 million for the nearly 20-acre site of its former Gulfport campus.
William Carey University’s new campus opened in 2009 and is located at the intersection of Mississippi Highways 67 and 605, north of Biloxi.
Real estate agent Mark Cumbest tells the Mississippi Press that several buildings near U.S. 90 remain and will come down over the next few months.
Cumbest says the campus is currently zoned for residential use.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- New law on taxing methods hailed as big win for businesses
- MSU researchers develop timber-management software
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- BRENT CHRISTENSEN — Entrepreneurs: A vital fuel for Mississippi’s Economy
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom