First M&F Corp. operates in the black
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports 2010 net income of $4.011 million as compared to a net loss of $59.799 million for 2009.
Earnings attributable to common shareholders were $15.071 million, or $1.66 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a loss of $60.655 million, or ($6.69) basic and diluted earnings per share for 2009.
Earnings attributable to common shareholders includes a $12.867-million gain on exchange of preferred stock recorded in the third quarter. Excluding the gain on exchange, common earnings were $2.301 million, or $.25 basic and diluted earnings per share.
Net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2010, was $267,000 attributable to common shareholders, or $.03 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a loss of $27.488 million, or ($3.03) basic and diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2009.
“The positive and encouraging trends begun in the first quarter of 2010 continued through year end,” said Hugh S. Potts Jr., chairman and CEO. “Actions taken during 2009 bore fruit in 2010. Virtually every credit-related measure improved in 2010.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program