First M&F Corp. operates in the black
KOSCIUSKO — First M&F Corp. reports 2010 net income of $4.011 million as compared to a net loss of $59.799 million for 2009.
Earnings attributable to common shareholders were $15.071 million, or $1.66 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a loss of $60.655 million, or ($6.69) basic and diluted earnings per share for 2009.
Earnings attributable to common shareholders includes a $12.867-million gain on exchange of preferred stock recorded in the third quarter. Excluding the gain on exchange, common earnings were $2.301 million, or $.25 basic and diluted earnings per share.
Net income for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2010, was $267,000 attributable to common shareholders, or $.03 basic and diluted earnings per share, compared to a loss of $27.488 million, or ($3.03) basic and diluted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2009.
“The positive and encouraging trends begun in the first quarter of 2010 continued through year end,” said Hugh S. Potts Jr., chairman and CEO. “Actions taken during 2009 bore fruit in 2010. Virtually every credit-related measure improved in 2010.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan